The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What wires to use for Boostgauge fitting?

Pete

I got my Blitz gauge and it has three wires. The instructions are all in japanese so I don't understand it.

There's three wires: Earth, 12V and another.

Where's the best place to tap into a 12V source (from A pillar mounting) and is the third wire for ignition signal? Again, where best to splice this from? Other dials?

A dummies install with pics would be nice :)

Ta,

Pete

just put a multimeter across the wire ends until you find one running the dash illumination. I know its not too far away but there is the illumination going into either the cigarette lighter or the ignition key light. Alternatively just tap off the back of the dimmer controller.

I've just converted the japanese to english.

The wires are:

Orange (Memory) Regular +12v

Red (Ignition) +12v

Black GND

As for boost meter and temperature meter, press meter and exhaust temperature meter of electric type function of peak hold and warning is loaded. Memory function inside works by the fact that the orange line is connected to regular power source, records peak hold and warning specification even with ignition off. When the orange line is not connected to regular power source, please connect to ignition power source. In this case meter normal operation, but peak value and warning specification are reset simultaneously with ignition off.

So it's not for the illumination it would seem, but to retain the memory similar to your car stereo, so it requires a permanent 12v feed.

so does it auto dim if the cabin is at night or something? otherwise wouldnt it be blaringly bright ( just like my blue LED aircon conversion which I need to take apart and change the resistor values in)

It is MUCH brighter than the standard dash, I can see why people upgrade that now. I've not seen it in daylight but I guess it needs to be to do the mirror effect.

The wires are:

Orange (Memory) Regular +12v

Red (Ignition) +12v

Black GND

i have just got one of these too, i was going to wire the orange too the illumination but obviously not, so what is the difference now between the red and orange connections quoted above.

cheers

gary

Sorry, just seen this.

Regular 12v just means permament live from the battery so the unit retains its memory. It's like your head unit has a permanent live to remember radio stations.

The Red 12v is from ignition so the unit only turns on when the ignition is on.

I used two wires from the left tell tale indicator section next to the hazard button.

You can use a multimeter to find the permanent live, red wire - I think it was 4th or 5th from the left at the bottom (with the connector facing you).

Ignition live is solid yellow on the top row from memory.

I should've documented it better but I'll be taking the dash apart later today for something else anyway so can take a pic or something then.

Thanks to CJs manuals for the wiring info on this :thumbs:

I'm in the middle of converting the Jap docs to English for all Blitz MD gauges and will upload to members area when done.