The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help - Serious Supra Problem

TimH

Driving on the M25 tonight I decided to put my foot down from 60 - auto box drops a few cogs and nothing, the car flat spotted BIG time, kept my foot down and for a few seconds nothing happened and eventually it dropped in at 5k and went off. This got worse and worse as my journey went on, each time I tried to accelerate the car didn't want to.

At this point I'm worried so drop to 50 and pootle along in crwaler lane and notice my boost guage is reading 0, as if it wasn't on, if I tried to boot it the needle moved a bit not alot. I can hear the turbo's spooling and the BOV is still whistling but still a massive flat spot for a few seconds before acceleration.

WhenI got to slow moving traffic in london the revs are just going up, down, up down - not a happy supe.

It seems like a pipe has split, both turbo's eventually spool but there's a flat spot before they do and the guage is reading as if the engine is off, would these symptons indicate that?

Is this what happens before the turbo's fail? I always thought they made the death wine before they did :giveup:

To dark to look tonight but if any of you guru's can help me out here I would be eternally grateful -

Thanks in adavance chaps - I'm seriously depressed :drown:

Check the turbo hose down by the side of the radiator, intake side, by the battery. Hard to get at, it's a choice one for coming off, yet appering to be still on, as a clip below holds it up against its mating partner, yet the boost pressure separates them. It's probably nothing serious, definitely sounds like an I/C hose off somewhere. If it's not that one start at the throttle body and work around, PROPERLY, to the turbo manifold on the other side of the bay.