The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Close Protection

supra steveo

Steve, how old are you mate, I think they prefer you to be 25+ for CP work. If you are older than this I would give it ago. I am a contract Manager for a private Leisure Management company earning 30k a year. I have decised to return to my routes and I have a missus, kids and a mortgage.

If it does'nt work out I can always return to my previous career - weigh up all the pros and cons and then go with your gut feeling

I served with 7 RHA for 3.5 years enjoyed it a lot, i signed on for 22 years but unfortunately broke my back and damaged nerves in my back in a parachuting accident so i was medically discharged.

There is a good welfare service, and resettlement is good as long as you find a switched on clerk to help you fill the paperwork out.

One tip i will give you is stay clear of IT training, i did it and had no joy getting a job after a year + of looking.

Close protection is good money particularly Iraq but obviously there are risks, i reckon if you are thinking about leaving then it is probably time to go, they still give the cooling off period don't they ? so you can always resign again

Guest lloydmcc

my luck i would be, but id defo come down if i could.

when i was going to leave i didnt want to but the attraction of the money and job was so good, as ive heard ppl saying if ur thinking about it, then do it, sign off get all ur shit done (courses ect) send some e mails to companies get the army to pay for the cp course and if i still hav e a bad feeling can always sign on at the last minute, nothin g worst than saying to ur slef i wish i did but,

do u no a guy called sgt fetties or fettes scotish guy

ps where u all from

do you all know that the pheonix course is pass or fail? my mate has just done it on resettlement from 2rrf he was a csgt 16 years service everyone knows and speaks highly of him he's goin to iraq in a few days he's told me to do the course and he'l try get me on with him when his foots in the door as he's going as team leader or managing something like that anyway cant remember what he said. only prob il have is im only 22 with 2 years service was md'd after tearing my nerves in shoulder but he says he knows what sort of lad i am and he'd put his rep out for me anytime. fingers crossed and il look forward to seeing you lads at the JAE.:ecstatic:

Yeh Don

I know the course is pass or fail but so was P Company so no difference there. I am going to pay my money and take the chance, I am confident I can pass and on talking to ex reg guys who have done the course. They dont think I should have any problems.

cheers

Yeh Don

I know the course is pass or fail but so was P Company so no difference there. I am going to pay my money and take the chance, I am confident I can pass and on talking to ex reg guys who have done the course. They dont think I should have any problems.

cheers

good luck mate hope you fly it. he says its really enjoyable il ask about the fitness but i know he said he'd done a few runs one up to 5 miles looking for possible sniper positions most the works in the dojo at start of the day he didn't let on much as he wants me to learn the course properly. as far as im aware they just require a basic level of fitness.

Just found this thread.

I was in 3, then 2RTR for my 22. Came out in '97 with no regrets but plenty of good memories. Things sure got different when they started Options for Change and everything got all political. Just wasn't the same mob I joined...

Steve, you got any trades apart from the usual squaddie stuff? I got lucky as I spent my last 8 years doing IT at Bovvy. Just walked into an IT job when I got out.

Guest lloydmcc

yeah the fittness is not hard but ppl have been known to fail it so its best to get the fitness up, dojo is a good laugh

theres other courses ppl, ronin concepts, its a hostlie envioroment cp course tell jon lloyd mcclinton to u about it

hes a good help