The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fuel pump change - some pics

letmeshowyou

First of all a big thankyou to Terry for getting a fuel pump to Phoenix for me to collect yesterday. Much appreciated!

Having read Matt Harwood's instructions figured it would be pretty straightforward :

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=45647

but couldnt find many pics on the subject so here's mine (apologies if someone has already done this!!):

Fuel tank access cover removal:

Cover removed:

Pipe's undone and connector removed (I started the engine with the connector removed to depressurize the lines (as recommended on the walbro instructions!) - saved me getting covered in fuel!:

Undoing the jubilee clip and sealing ring were pretty straightforward with the aid of a mallet and a softish piece of wood, then the pump was removed:

An empty hole!:

Old pump in the assembly:

New pump in the assembly:

Whole job took little over an hour (Great instructions Matt) - would have been quicker if the phone hadn't rang too! Took more time to change the spark plugs as it turned out...

Adi.

(slowly edging towards BPU!)

I mate thanks for these pictures very useful just had a bit of a way up as I’ve bought a HKS pump and was going to install it but just a few quick questions, what did you use to insulate the wires? Were did you get your black connectors from that go onto the pump?

Cheers mate

not difficult to do but just a bigger fuk up if anything goes wrong during or after the fitting if you get what I mean.

It did take me longer to do the plugs tbh, the two plugs nearest to the windscreen is the hardest to get to and if a screw drop into the plug hole then :) omg

China

Guest Terry S
No it came on its own with no connectors, not sure if i'm going to have to get it fitted somewhere not really sure about having to get make shift connectors in a fuel tank!

it should come with a fitting kit?

Guest Terry S
well mine didn't either lol, just some pipe and clips, some wire and a connector, nothing to join them with though...

LOL thats what they call a fitting kit.

LOL thats what they call a fitting kit.

ahh ok lol, sorry yes it came with that fitting kit but not with the electrical connectors some people seem to have got also... hence the need to solder it up. I'm happy with mine so I'm not bothered, just seems there are two types of fitting kit maybe? one with electrical connectors.

Finally sorted it :) it turns out that the HKS pump is made by the same company that produces the Skyline pump. So after speaking to CW (big thanks btw) I went to dbmotorsport and they gave me a skyline fuel pump connector as you can see from the pic. It covers the positive terminal and leaves the negative exposed.

Must say what a place dbmotorsport is! wow they had 4 R34 v-spec's being modded what a sight with 19" split rims, I think I have just chosen my next car!

connectors.JPG

• 1 year later...