The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sensible additional guages?

SteveR

Would some of you more knowledgable peeps be kind enough inform the likes of me - Supra owners who know little about the deep technical stuf but want to look after our cars as much as is possible - what sort of gauges are sensible to keep an eye on everything and check it's all a-ok. :)

OK Boost gauge is an easy one for us TT drivers, but what about things like;

gearbox oil temp,

engine oil pressure,

engine oil temp,

Air/Fuel ratio?,

Exhaust gas temps,

erm... anything else that can be monitored?

Are these things a sensible idea or only really needed after an extent of modding - if so, what mod demands what above aspect to me monitored?

How easy is it to go about adding such sensors & gauges?

Is gearbox oil something that only needs monitoring if you're doing track stuff/hard driving for extended periods?

Many thanks in advance oh wise people!! :thanku:

I have the following in my car:

Boost, EGT, Fuel pressure, Oil pressure, AFR. The only other one I thought of fitting was the oil temp gauge.

Have you got a pic of your dash you can share, it must be pretty crowded??! ;)

Got to admit tho, I want as many gauges as there are things that really should be monitored. There is the added advantage of them looking cool too - the more cockpit-like my supra can be the better :D

This is the dash. As you can see, i have used both the air vents for the boost and EGT an dhave a pillar mount for the oil and fuel presure. The AFR gauge has since been fitted in place of the clock. The pic also shows 3 other gauges - volts, water temp and something else i cannot remember but these are definitely more for show than function.

This is the dash. As you can see, i have used both the air vents for the boost and EGT an dhave a pillar mount for the oil and fuel presure. The AFR gauge has since been fitted in place of the clock. The pic also shows 3 other gauges - volts, water temp and something else i cannot remember but these are definitely more for show than function.

Lol like you have time to monitor them in your car!!!!

CJ. I have noticed you have some auto gauges, which ones?

I have an electric oil pressure guage and it doesnt work correctly!

Cheers

I dont have them anymore as I fitted a touch screen in their place so cannot tell you what they were. Sorry!

bit of a thread hijak, am thinking about air fuel ratio and fuel pressure. What the recommended ones?

My boost and EGT gauge is one of these:http://www.spa-uk.co.uk/design/dualgauges.asp

Are these god for AFR + FR?

Edit: i was thinking about the DG 215

Whats best for AFR?