The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cam belt cahnge....Mt.T won't touch it!

jackso11

I am looking to get a new cam belt but toyota near me say they won't touch my car as its a jap spec! The place they recommend cost £310!!!

Terry at pheonix quoted me £240, but looking on here some of you have had it done for £145. Where can I go to get it done at around that price?

I am based on london.

cheers!

Guest Terry S
I am looking to get a new cam belt but toyota near me say they won't touch my car as its a jap spec! The place they recommend cost £310!!!

Terry at pheonix quoted me £240, but looking on here some of you have had it done for £145. Where can I go to get it done at around that price?

I am based on london.

cheers!

Terry @ Phoenix didnt quote you anything BTW ;), must have been Mark or Paul.

I got a quote from another Toyota dealer, £272!

Terry, you are right is was Mark AND Paul. Spoke to mark first, missed his call back, the Paul filled me in on the price. Is £240 really the best you can do there? I know Pual said he will drain and refill my rad too.....but if it knocks £100 of the price I will gladly drain it for you! and fill it back up when your done. lol

Can't you get near the Toyoda Tech price? I know I can trust you, Matt Harwood told me how good you are. (He tried to get some workshop time a couple of weeks ago to fit an alarm....mine :D )

Guest Terry S
I got a quote from another Toyota dealer, £272!

Terry, you are right is was Mark AND Paul. Spoke to mark first, missed his call back, the Paul filled me in on the price. Is £240 really the best you can do there? I know Pual said he will drain and refill my rad too.....but if it knocks £100 of the price I will gladly drain it for you! and fill it back up when your done. lol

Can't you get near the Toyoda Tech price? I know I can trust you, Matt Harwood told me how good you are. (He tried to get some workshop time a couple of weeks ago to fit an alarm....mine :D )

Mate I will ask them on the price and come back.

Guest Terry S
thanks a lot Terry.

Is the company yours by the way? how much for a service? A and B.

Just for my records.

Ahhh. That sounds like a better price. Do you work at weekends?

No mate. You would have to ask Mark on the phone, I just refer people there as they do great work at decent prices. BTW if you are doing comparisons you should get a price for the fan belt!

Guest Terry S
No problem. The dealer is:-

Jemca (Seven Sisters Road)

596 - 598 Seven Sisters Road

London

Greater London

N15 6HR

Tel: 020 8802 2336

Fax: 020 8802 5954

They point you in the direction of Jem Cars: 0208 3586000. where they charge rediculous prices.

Thats interesting, I assume JEM cars is a sister Company?

My UK Supra has a receipt for a Timing belt change at a Jemca PLC, It's a different branch.

It's a 'B' service and timing belt change.

£174.28 Goods

£557.94 Labour

£860 total inc vat

Though it's dated 2001, seems steep compared to those prices.