The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Why is the Walbro 341 better than 342 model?

Justin

No different, just orientation of fuel outlet and electrical connectors.

Had a thread posted in the Vortex section but it seems to have been deleted??? Mods?

I'll find a link to the info elsewhere and post it up tomoz or pm you it mate.

I believe for jap Supra you want the 342 and I think you can fit the 341 if you have a uk spec. Depends on layout of fuel pump hanger in the tank.

Dan

Originally posted by dandan

No different, just orientation of fuel outlet and electrical connectors.

Don't think so mate. I've just fitted a GSS342 and it was a straight swap.

I've seen Terry S saying the 341 was the prefered choice but PaulE supplied me with a 342 and assured me it would be fine, and it has been so far

:shrugs:

I see where you are coming from, with the info Terry posted. I personally don't think that is quite right though. People seem to have gotten a bit confused over the Walbro pumps lately.

The 341 and 342 are both totally suitable for the Supra with regards to flowrate and pressure. As long as the flowrate supplied by the pump is sufficient to generate pressure in the system greater than the fpr setting then the fpr is what controls the rail pressure. (- Assuming it has the flow capacity to do so but in this case we can certainly assume it does.)

The 341 will not sit correctly in a facelift jap car pump hanger and I think that is the case for all jap cars. 342 is the one for a Jap car.

341 attached:

picture2.jpg

I must get round to fitting mine, I keep putting it off! Knowing my luck I'll fit it this week and run into trouble and not be able to drive up to JAE!!

Moved the RLTC control yesterday too, looks well smart and very descrete, but easily accessable. Will post up some pics this evening. Now just need to make a nice mount up to fit the SAFC in the lower din space.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Terry S

the reason the 341 is prefered is it was AFAIK designed with the same static pressure as the Supra, where as the 342 has a slightly higher static. You can fit either to a JDM I have done it. The 342 is easier to fit as Dan says. Both flow the same amounts. If you had a UK the 341 is the ideal choice.

Terry

Can you clear this up for me, I purchased a Walbro 341 Pump from Envy for my Jspec TT. I did'nt fit it but a mechanidc did, all he did was replace the old pump with the new and a bit of soldering a I think and it fitted fine. I have had no problems with it that I am aware of and has been on the Soop for a few months.

Being a J-spec, would it of been better to have the 342 instead of the 341?

Cheers

If it's in now I wouldn't worry.

I just wasn't happy with the way the 341 hung in the pump bracket, obviously some people don't seem to mind. Functionally, as long as it's in and it's secure and the wiring and fuel pipe routing is all good then no problems.

Cheers dandan

Thats a relief as I have had an ICE install done since fitting the fuel pump. I did'nt fancy removing this unless I really had to. I am surprised though that some traders are supplying the 341 for J-Specs if the 342 is would be a better option.

thanks again, you have saved me a job and a headache.

Terry

The fitting of my 341 has already been done, am I likely to experience any problems if a 341 is fitted instead of the 342. The flowrate etc is the same I believe so once fitted as long as it is secure would I be correct in saying that I should'nt experience any problems.

I would hope that Envy will get on this post and explain why they are sending out 341 for J-Specs when they should be sending out the 342.

thanks

• 6 months later...

No m8 - I have provided loads of 342's and they have always appeared to be highly reliable

Of course things will go wrong - that happens - but I dont think you should be that worried.