The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Emissions failure

seba

Im selling my sup N/A manual , i wanted to pas MOT for the guy who is buying the car. But it failed the emissions test, too high CO value allmost the double of what was allowed...:( How can i set this straight without putting too much money in it as the car is allready sold.:rolleyes: Would reseting the ecu do any good? Or probably a lambda sensor but how much do this thingys cost? Or any other option is welcome. The car is all standard with all cats still on. Thx

Just check when they do the emissions test they are testing a 2JZ-GE not GTE, there is no specified limits as its not listed on the database, so that puts it into a default trst in which its only tested on idle and limit is 3.5% CO and HC's up to 1200... I very much doubt it will be above that..

I'll check it Graham but i'm from belgium and dont think they have same standards... When they check i have to rev to 2500 rpm and keep it steady and the value may not go above 3,5 i believe and mine had 6,.. something. But may be worth asking if they are not checking on GTE standards.

6??? dam! sorry, just spotted your from belgium so not sure on what your limits would be. My advice would be to drive it there in a low gear at high revs! I've got so many cars through emissions just by giving them a dam good blast up the road! Good luck!

I had emission problem in Holland...

Co 3,5%,

I took out the lambda :blink::blink:

and Co was 0,2% :innocent:

This is whit NO cats on a j-spec single supra,

with stock fuelling only walbro...

And there are new rules in Holland,

imported car before december 1995 without cat and lambda,

co below 3,5 you pass :D

Only have to remove the lambda before mot :D:D

lol @ Rinus I cannot believe that :D. And you are allowed to just pass without lambda? Maybe ill give it a try if i cant pass MOT tomorrow.

offtopic may i ask how does it work if you put a single turbo on a supra in holland? Is this just allowed? I dont think we can pas MOT here if on papers it says no turbo or twin turbo and it actually has 1 big turbo installed...

@ ilicos : no i asked and are not the same standards they gave me a funny look :D

@ rinus : omg what happened lol i went to MOT with the lambda's disconnected and the CO value rocketed like they had never seen before :p . After this i connected the lambdas when they where not looking and asked for another trie and only had 0,2 instead of 6,6 value :) This was with the lemon cleaned lambdas so @ shane : thx for the tip it actually worked for me !:sly:

@ ilicos : no i asked and are not the same standards they gave me a funny look :D

@ rinus : omg what happened lol i went to MOT with the lambda's disconnected and the CO value rocketed like they had never seen before :p . After this i connected the lambdas when they where not looking and asked for another trie and only had 0,2 instead of 6,6 value :) This was with the lemon cleaned lambdas so @ shane : thx for the tip it actually worked for me !:sly:

Good news Seba, pleased it worked. So did the MOT inspector say "don't get lemon with me".

:)