The mkiv Supra Owners Club

lots of 2jz engines complete from japan

Jurgen-Jm-Imports

would anybody be interested in complete 2jz gte engines from aristos.. turbos , looms...

still with limiter 112mph.

basically full engine that have not gone past 112mph.

HODGE here uses them and says they require little to modify...

if there is interest i can get them here for around 1100-1200

cheers

ive had quite a few p.ms about what needs to be swapped. Heres a list of parts that you are required to change to fit to a supra.

Upper sump

Lower sump

Sump baffle

Oil pick up

Water pump

Engine mount brackets

Plenum

Throttle body

Engine loom

some of the top turbo pipes are different but you could use them i suppose.

ive had quite a few p.ms about what needs to be swapped. Heres a list of parts that you are required to change to fit to a supra.

Upper sump

Lower sump

Sump baffle

Oil pick up

Water pump

Engine mount brackets

Plenum

Throttle body

Engine loom

some of the top turbo pipes are different but you could use them i suppose.

Im out.

Wouldn't you need to change the engine loom anyway if you were fitting a GTE to a GT? Why doesn't the throttle body work? New water pump is a common sense fit when you have an engine out anyways same as is the cambelt and tensioners. Plenum? You mean intake manifold? Why do these items need changing? The sump stuff I'd heard of the rest I hadn't.

Jurgen are there really that many scrapper aristo's Japside now?

yep loads of aristos are being broken in japan as they are so cheap now up there..

am talking about just the usual boring city family cars..

so the japanese just scrap them after their shaken MOT runs out..

as it costs them more to mot than to buy another car..

personally and hodge himself will tell you these aristo engines are not that hard to convert.

he has had two now

Loads have sold from the aristo forum or that are known on the aristo forum and been put in supra's that I know of. I've seen on here a few supras that have this same engine in it. Dare I say it that the lumps will more than likely be less thrashed as the cars not a sports motor and its strapped to a very relaxed auto box/ECU

would anybody be interested in complete 2jz gte engines from aristos.. turbos , looms...

still with limiter 112mph.

basically full engine that have not gone past 112mph.

HODGE here uses them and says they require little to modify...

if there is interest i can get them here for around 1100-1200

cheers

I may be interested. But what sort of cost am i looking at for all the extra parts? and fitting?

I may be interested. But what sort of cost am i looking at for all the extra parts? and fitting?

I asked dude and paul and waiting to hear back.

I think it will work out around the same price as a TT supra lump fitted.

Unless you can do it yourself. Then you are laughing.

It really does depend on the condition and miles on the supra TT engine though doesn't it? If you reckon you can get a sub 50k supra engine for 1200 plus a few sump parts then share the wealth as I've not seen any at that price. I'm not being a Jurgen fan-boi here and no I'm not harking on because I love aristo's either, I genuinely think its a reasonably good buy.

One thing thats not obvious is wether or not the engine comes dressed complete with ancilliaries and turbo gubbins's (any gubbinns that are very different will more than likely sell on the aristo forum btw as parts are in short supply)

Wouldn't you need to change the engine loom anyway if you were fitting a GTE to a GT? Why doesn't the throttle body work? New water pump is a common sense fit when you have an engine out anyways same as is the cambelt and tensioners. Plenum? You mean intake manifold? Why do these items need changing? The sump stuff I'd heard of the rest I hadn't.

Jurgen are there really that many scrapper aristo's Japside now?

The aristo wiring harness has different ECU connections and is too short

the water pump has a PAS cooler built in also the rear housing has different internals to house the bigger pump so this needs to be changed.

The PLenum or intake manifold has no pipe on the top for a brake servo vacum which a supra needs for correct braking system operation.

The throttle body has different trac stepper motor. I suppose this could be used if you binned the trac control.

The engine mount brackets are smaller as an aristo engine bay is alot narrower that a supra.

Turbo pipes could be left alone but be warned that an aristo has the stock recurc valve bolted to 1 of the turbo pipes instead of using 2 pipes like a supra so you will need to have a blanking plate made if you wish to fit a bov.

The upper and lower sump pan are set to the front of the engine and will not fit in over the top of a supras subframe. This simple can't be turned round because of the bellhousing and the turbo oil drain. You need an upper sump from a TURBO supra.

This is the only bit of sump from a turBo you need the other sump bits you can use your N/A parts.

I'm currently looking into modifying a N/A sump to accomidate an oil return, and also modifying a plenum and throttle body to work also, more details later.

I hope this helps

does any of this apply when fitting a soarer 1jz engine into a supra. ive done this and need to start on the wiring.

any advice would be much appreciated.

cheers

The aristo wiring harness has different ECU connections and is too short

the water pump has a PAS cooler built in also the rear housing has different internals to house the bigger pump so this needs to be changed.

The PLenum or intake manifold has no pipe on the top for a brake servo vacum which a supra needs for correct braking system operation.

The throttle body has different trac stepper motor. I suppose this could be used if you binned the trac control.

The engine mount brackets are smaller as an aristo engine bay is alot narrower that a supra.

Turbo pipes could be left alone but be warned that an aristo has the stock recurc valve bolted to 1 of the turbo pipes instead of using 2 pipes like a supra so you will need to have a blanking plate made if you wish to fit a bov.

The upper and lower sump pan are set to the front of the engine and will not fit in over the top of a supras subframe. This simple can't be turned round because of the bellhousing and the turbo oil drain. You need an upper sump from a TURBO supra.

This is the only bit of sump from a turBo you need the other sump bits you can use your N/A parts.

I'm currently looking into modifying a N/A sump to accomidate an oil return, and also modifying a plenum and throttle body to work also, more details later.

I hope this helps

Can you extend the aristo wiring harness and just use the aristo ECU?

I already said you'd be wise to change the water pump when the engines out already so thats not so big a deal. If its just a vacuum feed you need out of the inlet manifold that could be tapped very easily.

The stock TC is a menace that should be removed anyways so no issues for me about the throttle body.

Most like wooshes and swooshes of a BOV so a blanking plate over the recirc pipe isn't too big an issue either unless I am miss-understanding that part. Could even use the walking stick end MOD for that lol.

Wiring harness actually sounds like the biggest PITA of the swap then.

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.