The mkiv Supra Owners Club

engine manangement came on, becasue of overboost?

Lude

was in 6th gear on the motorway,

the second turbo came in, boost goes too much 1.3bar (gotta sort that)

then the engine management light came on? and the light that has the exclamation mark (when you have the handbrake up)

car drove fine, i turned it off, turned back on again,

and the engine management light & exclamation light is now off, back to normal again?

is this usual? reason? or do you have to check the ECU fault codes when the warngin light is on? (asume toyota ECUs have that feature like Nissans?)

has the car had the speedo converted to mph from kph.

if so its common for this to cause a speed signal error. check the error codes and it will tell you whats causing the light.

if it is the vehicle speed sensor thats throwing the code i wouldnt worry about it , mine as have many other have been like it for years

Edited by dr_jekyll (see edit history)

Did the brake light stay on through that journey?

Can you clarify which light came on when you say engine management light? We talking about the yellow engine light or the red exclaimation MIL light in the middle of the rev counter?

Checked all your brake lights are good? Checked brake fluid level?

Once accidentally nudged up the handbrake slightly with my knee when going round a roundabout :) that did the same

the car has ben converted from kph to mph yes,

also it has a FCD (dont think ive seen it yet tho)

the 2 lights which came on, are the exclamation mark light, which is the same 1 thats on when the handbrake is on.

and the engine management one, which is the yellow one, which is universal on most cars.

i think i do have a brake light out, but all lights went normal after turned the car off & back on again

they have both gone off when startint he car, so i imagine its a speed issue thing? - as i was in 6th, and i think it was the fastest ive done in the car since had it (yest)

Edited by Lude (see edit history)

the car has ben converted from kph to mph yes,

also it has a FCD (dont think ive seen it yet tho)

the 2 lights which came on, are the exclamation mark light, which is the same 1 thats on when the handbrake is on.

and the engine management one, which is the yellow one, which is universal on most cars.

i think i do have a brake light out, but all lights went normal after turned the car off & back on again

they have both gone off when startint he car, so i imagine its a speed issue thing? - as i was in 6th, and i think it was the fastest ive done in the car since had it (yest)

that would be my guess

• 3 weeks later...