The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Red 1995/N Twin Turbo Manual

Mr Wayne

For Sale.

1996/N Supra RZ Twin Turbo Manual in Red.

Odometer reads 106K miles but first 64K was km, and so actual mileage about 82K. (I have a BIMTA certificate showing km/mileage on conversion from when i bought the car - not sure if these are well thought of).

Standard J-Spec apart from air filter and 18" wheels. Panasonic MP3 CD stereo. Toad cat-1 alarm.

MOT mid-August, Tax end of year.

I've owned it for almost 6 years, had cambelt changed and new clutch. Worked from home last few years and so not covered many miles over that time. Regularly serviced - all receipts available (and all MOT certificates).

Wanting around £6K, which i think is quite a good price for a Twin Turbo manual. Reason for this is simple - paintwork needs attention - it's faded quite badly - dunno if it can be rescued by someone who knows what they are doing, or if it really needs a respray.

Location Bradford, West Yorkshire

Phone Number: 07779574835

Photos attached - tried to show the issue with the paint in a couple of shots of the bonnet and roof.

S'ok mate - no disrespect taken ;-)

I thought the price was about right considering that if the paint can't be rescued with some clever waxing or something then it would probably need respraying! Thought i'd put it up for sale in it's current state to see if anyone was interested in either trying to sort it, or maybe getting it kitted up and resprayed.

If it don't sell then so be it - i love it and i'll just keep it!

The annoying thing is that when it's wet it looks perfect - if only i could keep it wet all the time!

i went and got a price for wrapping it in vinyl - matt black would be cool - but it sounded as though wrapping a Supra might be tricky as the roof and rear wings are all one bit!

Give the bonnet and roof a light flatten with 2000 wet and dry paper, then buff it with compound and a polisher. My car looked something similar to yours when i bought it and it came up a treat.It would be a shame to sell it if you still like it and its just a bit of faded paintwork annoying you.

Thanks for the tip - but i'm not selling *because* of the faded paintwork. I've had it 6 years now and it's just time for a change, even though i still like it - might seem crazy, but that's just the way it is.

Maybe i could follow your advice and try get it all shiny - then sell it for quite a bit more!

Still for sale at the original asking price!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.