The mkiv Supra Owners Club

No boost an horrible whistle

qwarrior

Guys, again I require your combined knowhow. Got a 93 TT with an HKS dump valve.

Drove it to work this morning and everything was OK. Started it after work and it is whistling like hell at me, sounds like the dump valve is open all of the time and no boost pressure.

Had a look at the dump valve and thought it might be jammed open, so disconnected it and blocked the hose, but still get the same whistle and no boost. Have checked all of the plumbing and it looks fine.

Any ideas, I'm not getting any blue smoke so I recon the Turbo's OK, they do however need servicing soon as I'm getting some oil vapour through.

But this sounds like all of the pressure is escaping somewhere?

Any help appreciated. I'm waiting for the missus to come it so she can rev it and I can hear where the whistle is coming from, thought you might have some suggestions in the mean time.

cheers in advance,

qwarrior

:(

Edited by qwarrior
spelling is attrocious (see edit history)

Thats what I suspected, but I've followed most of the pipes. With the level of whistle, I would have expected it to be a large split or one of the larger pipes, which all appear to be fine.

Will take another look, when I've got someone to press the pedal and I can have my head under the bonnet.

Cheers Rayman

Got it sorted today. It was pipework Rayman, but just inside the wing a bit difficult to get to. Thought I'd post a bit of a testimonial though.

I've been doing some work for a local garage in Lemington (Newcastle upon Tyne) and thought I'd take it there for them to sort while I was at work today.

Just pick the car up and OMFG, they have been through it with a fine tooth comb and tightened everything up and reset pipework that was not fully pushed on etc and it feels like a different car.

If your in Newcastle or Gateshead, try out BC Motors in Lemington/Bells Close, ask for Bobby. PM me if you need the postcode.

Will be going there everytime from now on.