The mkiv Supra Owners Club

having trouble fitting my new FMIC

mplavery

Hi ppl

Really need some help fitting my new fmic.I bought Envy's new intercooler and i am having trouble fitting the pipes on the N/S.

The intercooler did not come with any instructions as its a new product

It seems that the A/C pipes are in the way and i can seem to figure out any solutions

Any ideas would really help. another one is where is everyone mounting the new water bottle what comes with the new intercoolers ?? i know alot of ppl have other makes but im hoping there in the same place lol

thanks for your time

Here is the O/S pipe work which is on fine

here is the side im having trouble with

Edited by mplavery (see edit history)

Guest cpaul4

Looks like you may have to either remove the ac or just re route the ac pipes once the pipework has been connected up. Have you tried ringing envy, could be something that they are aware of or should be made aware of.

Chris

I have phoned ENVY but they have not had any problems as yet but they have only sold a few so far.

I have tried to unbolt the brackets for the aircon pipe but they dont seem to have much movement as they are bolted to the Aircon condenser.

Was thinking of bending the aircon pipe as i have done that with the power steering one which worked well and saved me doing the mod for the PAS pipe. But it seems i have to bend it alot and has a good chance of crushing the pipe

Looks to me like it's fouling on the PAS cooler pipe (rubber hose with the spring clip). It's normal to have to replace or re-route that hose. The AC hoses are the fixed solid hoses further to the left. Again, it's normal to relocate these slightly (read: bend them out of the way, and affix to the brackets supplied in the kit. There were brackets, weren't there?)

Beyond that, the final action you can go for is to disassemble the AC hoses, and get your friendly local mobile AC guy to come and cut away and re-make those hoses to suit the new environment. I can give you the number of the guy I used who was very good, but I can't guarantee he'll go to Surrey.

Looks to me like it's fouling on the PAS cooler pipe (rubber hose with the spring clip). It's normal to have to replace or re-route that hose. The AC hoses are the fixed solid hoses further to the left. Again, it's normal to relocate these slightly (read: bend them out of the way, and affix to the brackets supplied in the kit. There were brackets, weren't there?)

Beyond that, the final action you can go for is to disassemble the AC hoses, and get your friendly local mobile AC guy to come and cut away and re-make those hoses to suit the new environment. I can give you the number of the guy I used who was very good, but I can't guarantee he'll go to Surrey.

the powesteering pipes can be moved as all the brackets are off, just the a/c pipes which are in the way

maybe a should have gone for a GREDDY ONE :(

Will keep in mind about that bloke who can do me another aircon pipe, will ley you know mate

cheers

Guest Doberman
mmm i dnt seem to have a aircon fan lol

do you have a pic?

You dont have the little fan on the backside of the radiator?

no i dont have any pics:(

The AC pipes you can relocate. They are affixed by a bracket, very near the circled parts (don't undo the circled parts like I did or you will get a face full of aircon gas :()

IIRC My Greddy either came with an adaptor bracket that allows you to move everything upwards.

Your PAS fluid lines simply need to be moved with a nice bit of hose. Again my Greddy kit came with extra hose. I don't envy you mate, whilst my greddy install went well I wouldn't want to do it with out all the nice extra bits I got with it.

Coolant overflow bottle can go where you like, mines to the right of the battery :)

HTH

untitled.JPG

mmm i dnt seem to have a aircon fan lol

do you have a pic?

Im having the exact same problem with the FMIC im trying to fit but i have a massive AC fan on mine you dont seem to have! (its sat on the front face of the AC rad, behind where your FMIC is, the PAS pipes are belt in that funny shape to go around it.)

Does your ac work ok? if so i might get rid of it as its the last things standing in my way - any thoughts from anyone?

Im having the exact same problem with the FMIC im trying to fit but i have a massive AC fan on mine you dont seem to have! (its sat on the front face of the AC rad, behind where your FMIC is, the PAS pipes are belt in that funny shape to go around it.)

Does your ac work ok? if so i might get rid of it as its the last things standing in my way - any thoughts from anyone?

Most remove theirs :)

There is a thread by me kicking about on here.....

horrible job when I did mine. The blitz kit comes with new PS cooler and overflow as well as all bits and bobs to fit, but was still a friggin nightmare + had to cut the drivers side wing out to fit the pipe through as its fairly hefty and like a complet di*k losened off a nut which I thought was the air con bracket but actually turned out to be a nut holding in the pressure....absolutely sh*t myself when it went.....like a bomb it was

horrible job when I did mine. The blitz kit comes with new PS cooler and overflow as well as all bits and bobs to fit, but was still a friggin nightmare + had to cut the drivers side wing out to fit the pipe through as its fairly hefty and like a complet di*k losened off a nut which I thought was the air con bracket but actually turned out to be a nut holding in the pressure....absolutely sh*t myself when it went.....like a bomb it was

This post has put me off fitting an FMIC to a Supra for life...

The AC pipes you can relocate. They are affixed by a bracket, very near the circled parts (don't undo the circled parts like I did or you will get a face full of aircon gas :()

IIRC My Greddy either came with an adaptor bracket that allows you to move everything upwards.

Your PAS fluid lines simply need to be moved with a nice bit of hose. Again my Greddy kit came with extra hose. I don't envy you mate, whilst my greddy install went well I wouldn't want to do it with out all the nice extra bits I got with it.

Coolant overflow bottle can go where you like, mines to the right of the battery :)

HTH

Thanks mate, i will have another look at it , im sure i will sort something out, it IS a pain in the ass though..

Yea my air con works great, i did not know there was ment to be one there if you did not say so lol

Most remove theirs :)

There is a thread by me kicking about on here.....

I found your thread shortly after posting up the question! 10 mins later the fan was off :D:cool:

Hayden - its not as easy as popping an FMIC on an sx, and it depends on what kit you get it seems, mine only consisted of cooler, connectors and pipes, no brakcets etc so its been an adventure today! Luckaly im not scared of making the missing bits.

All the pipes were quite easy to get out of the way in the end :cool:

Im at this stage: (this is after doing the stem seals yesterday! - supra marathon easter weekend)

attachment.php?attachmentid=90623&stc=1&d=1239392475

_MG_9214.jpg

• 2 weeks later...