The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help :( Boost Controller NOT changing boost.

ShamelessTT

All all,

I get a good boost reading from my controller (which matches my boost gauge), but no matter what settings i put it wont raise the boost.

I have both CATS out and a 52mm RR, which is giving about 0.94bar of boost as is. Controller wont raise this.

I have the waste gate type set to : AC

and everything seems to run fine and the car is quick but the boost is only 0.94 peak.

Any suggestions?

Simon

Edited by ShamelessTT (see edit history)

Ah....... that sucks........im not noticing any side affects just normal boost

Scratch that, your not plumbed into the wrong actuator, just the wrong part of it. There is another feed to it that you want to be plumbed into. See the attached pic, you should be in the pipe above the "12".

attachment.php?attachmentid=13947&d=1112559170

Thank you!! :) I assume i cap the bit im tapped into now then, and tap the OUT into the top port as you said.

Ive also got these disconnected. (New picture added)

I don't know mate, i haven't dealt with an electronic boost controller. To be fair i would put it back the way it was then just tap into the other one.

I wouldn't cap anything off.

Thank you!! :) I assume i cap the bit im tapped into now then, and tap the OUT into the top port as you said.

Ive also got these disconnected. (New picture added)

BTW if your picture is correct you have disconnected the EGCV and your 2nd turbo won't come online.

I'm thinking you should maybe take this car to someone who knows what they are doing.

Hehe 2nd turbo is spooling up ok, usual 4k kick. Thats the VSV in my picture ive disconnected, following this article

http://mkiv.com/techarticles/blitz_dsbc/index.html

Unfortunately, i didnt see " top of the wastegate actuator "

Ahh, i thought u wrote that you disconnected them both.

I don't know about EBC's but i didn't think you would remove the wastegate VSV as i didn't think that was actually a wastegate. I thought that controlled the flow of gas to spool up the 2nd turbo.

The f*ck up ive made makes sense to how the car runs, as simply im not controling the actuator as ive still got the "feed" from the #1 turbo pressure outlet in thus opening the wastegate as normal.

Maybe someone tomorrow will confirm this Hehe,

Thanks for your help Scot, im pretty sure its is what you suggested, cheers ;)

The f*ck up ive made makes sense to how the car runs, as simply im not controling the actuator as ive still got the "feed" from the #1 turbo pressure outlet in thus opening the wastegate as normal.

Maybe someone tomorrow will confirm this Hehe,

Thanks for your help Scot, im pretty sure its is what you suggested, cheers ;)

I KNOW that its the other feed that your meant to connect the controler to. What your meant to do with the VSV remains to be seen. I'm subscribed now anyway so i dare say i'll find out :D

From what I can see you have the same solenoid as me.

You want your 'out' hose from the solenoid to go to the top of the wastegate actuator (see post 9) and cap the bottom conection of the wastegate actuator (underneath number 12)

Then you want your 'in' hose to go to a connection coming off from the turbo just above the wastegate actuator (bit of a pain to get too) I'll try and find a pic. Edit - have a look at the last pic on Ian's thread, post 1 (its a pic of a turbo).http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=35926 You can see the wastegate actuator on the bottom and just below no.13 there is a connection on the turbo. That is where you 'In hose should go to.

You then have your wastegate vsv disconnected from the plumbing as this is replaced by the EBC solenoid.

Where you have the blue silicone hose coming from the 'in' side of the solenoid (in your first pic, post 2) going to a black metal pipe, you want to cap that black pipe off.

If you have disturbed any other vac pipes you would want to put them back the way they were. So the only things that have changed is

1) the wastegate vsv is disconnected

2) you have capped off the bottem of the wastegate actuator

3) you have capped off the black metal pipe where your blue silicone hose is going to (off the 'in' side of your solenoid)

4) you have connected the 'out' side of the EBC solenoid to the top of the wastegate

5) you have connected the 'In' side of the solenoid to the turbo pressure outlet connection.

Thats it. Hope that helps.

Edited by Chris and Alana (see edit history)

Hmm the bugger is, i definately have it connected up now exactly as you say, everything capped. But it still over boosts, infact it blew a boost pipe when testing, and ive just spent the last 2 hours putting it all back. :(

Im having some really odd behavior, after i did the corrections outlined above the boost was hitting 1.2bar ~1.24 when i had the boost controller set to 1.0bar. Thing is it was spiking like crazy between 10 - 15psi on the boost gauge / controler.

I then reset the boost controller to factory defaults, plumbed in my desired 1.0bar and then went out again. It hit only 0.84 for a few runs, then all of a sudden it over boosted to 1.4odd and promptly blew a hose!

(offside middle joint, bottom of the hard pipe). Most annoying, im 100% sure i have it connected up as you say now.

My boost controller is the Blitz IColor type r, and it was brand new (bought off a member but all packaged as new and not a mark on it, everything was sealed still)

I have the wastegate type set to "AC" this is correct right? the other option is "WG", but from what i read in the blitz manual here it should be "AC"

http://www.blitzperformancesales.com/techsupport/pdf/sbc_i-color.pdf