TT autobox fluid ????

dude

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Interesting stuff, I was just on my other PC and the owners manual was next to it - so you are saying that the manual is wrong due to it being a bit out of date and there is a type IV to use now?

I want mine changing because I don't believe that Toyota did it when I had my last major service so it's good to know which one I should be getting my chap to put in.

Its just everyone says 'You must use Type IV ' but when the sup came out there was no type IV , the reason im interested is that due to the way i use the car i have an issue with excess heat in the box !!! , there is no allternative to type IV(synthetic wise ) but i believe there is to type II , so what gives , the Toyota manual says Type II but these days everyone says type IV (BTW i still use Type IV in customers cars ) just like to say theres so many scare posts it would be good to know the truth :D

Dude:flame Dev

Sounds like you need a bigger cooler not a different fluid.

I thought the issue was Toyota don’t make type II anymore and some dealers were saying they would use type III as part of the service. AFAIK Type II and III are not compatible with certain seals, so it shortens box life. Hence the must use Type IV comments.

Originally posted by eyefi

there was some technical update that overruled the handbook tII type, that explained why. its on here somewhere and there was also that blue balls thing.

So if i drink it my balls will go blue and some dipstick at Toyota thought this will earn a few quid lets tell em they need this new oil !!!!!

So before Type IV they kept breaking transmissions ..... NOT

Dude:flame Dev