The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stereo Fuse location??

SilverSoop

Hi all, since I done the stupid thing of attaching my CF weave dash to the existing dash, I covered over the fog light...

I eventually got enough of a hole so that the Foglight fits through, only when I put the wires back into the Foglight, it didn't work...

So I crossed the wires over, I lost all interior lighting...all the instrument lighting...:rolleyes:

I then looked under the driver's side dash and located it to a blown fuse which was the cause...

I have now recently discovered that my Stereo now doesn't work...

Does anyone know where the fuse is that goes to the Stereo??

Does your radio have its own fuse, some of the newer radios usually have one in the back of it. Otherwise it would be with the bunch that are by the kick panel in the drivers side.

I think it has it's own fuse, it isn't the stock stereo system so I imagine it would??

If it is in the kick panel, which fuse would it be??

I think it has it's own fuse, it isn't the stock stereo system so I imagine it would??

If it is in the kick panel, which fuse would it be??

I replaced mine a couple of days ago - it was the cigarette labelled one. Second row down, but can't remember which one along. On mine, it also stopped the interior fan working (and the LEDs on the controls).

I replaced mine a couple of days ago - it was the cigarette labelled one. Second row down, but can't remember which one along. On mine, it also stopped the interior fan working (and the LEDs on the controls).

hmm, well, this fuse has stopped my entire stereo including the aerial working...

Do you still think that this is the fuse which you have replaced recently or would you think that it is a different one??

Yes. I blew mine by plugging a compressor into the cig lighter - and the fuse instantly blew. After that, radio didn't work, ariel didn't work, lights on heater controls and interior fan don't work. Strangely though - when I replaced the fuse the radio remembered the stations so I guess the battery connection is on a different fuse.

Anyway - I just checked which fuse it is. In the fuse panel by the driver footwell, it's the second row down. If you count from the side nearest the door, it's the second (15A) fuse in.

Yes. I blew mine by plugging a compressor into the cig lighter - and the fuse instantly blew. After that, radio didn't work, ariel didn't work, lights on heater controls and interior fan don't work. Strangely though - when I replaced the fuse the radio remembered the stations so I guess the battery connection is on a different fuse.

Anyway - I just checked which fuse it is. In the fuse panel by the driver footwell, it's the second row down. If you count from the side nearest the door, it's the second (15A) fuse in.

Great, thanks Dave...:thumbs: :)

Edit: If it is not that fuse, what one could it be??

Edited by SilverSoop (see edit history)

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

Random update to this thread.

I fitted a new battery yesterday (well, the spotty oik at Halfrauds did :D), the Stereo worked fine on the way back to the office. Then it stopped working for the journey home.

I drove home in silence :(

I drove back into work this morning, in silence :(

Anyway, I checked our helpful Supra world and found this thread, located the fuse and swapped it out (even though it looked OK). I now have music in my car again :guitar:

What would I do without this place :love: