The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra trouble

Guest eugene_rzs

Guest eugene_rzs

hi guys,i bouth a 98 rzs from wrc sales in bradford they say they took over torque of keighly.i live in the rep of ireland so i drove to fishguard and drove it home but when i tried to start the car out of evry ten starts id say about four it revs out to the rev limit was just wondering what the possibilites are for this happening, also it bellows out white smoke from the exaust. i find it strange as it passed an mot jut two days befor i bought it

As I mentioned in your "hello" thread I wonder if there is a chance of the car having a mismatch of parts due to some being removed / stolen when it was imported?

I think it's important to include this info from your earlier message:

it has a blitz racing ecu,i just wondered if anyone could shed a little light on ths problem for me also white smoke smelling strongly of petrol bellows from the exaust

Having the Blitz ECU and a strong smell of petrol could point to something with the map (can you remap the Blitz or tell it what size the injectors are?) - my first mission would be to try and find out what modifications the car should have (were any listed on the ad? Do you have a copy of this you can post?) compared with what it actually has.

Can you post up any photos of the engine bay from a few angles? Any additional info like this, odd switches, non-standard looking bits etc could help to find out what the cause of the issue is.

Any Supra owners in the area that could lend an ECU for 10 minutes to see what effect that has?

Any Supra owners in the area that could lend an ECU for 10 minutes to see what effect that has?

Are you in Kilkenny Eugene? I'm in North Wicklow/South Dublin. Can help you out with this if you can make it up this far.

Might be useful to post on http://www.supras-ireland.net, might get more local lads there tho this forum is used just as much if not more.

Edit... mine's an n/a, don't think it'll be much use to you.

Edited by Rob Dublin (see edit history)

Guest eugene_rzs

hi again and thanks to everyone who posted and gave there opinions on what the prob with my car might be. the car was described as a98toyota supra rzs manual twin turbo with a blitz racing ecu, blitz wheels, blitz dual turbo timer, sus induction kit, stainles exaust 76000km to be honest i thinkk the guy i bought it off has been genuine the car had a two day old mot when i picked it up which is genuine i checked on the uk mot site. i contacted him about the problem,telling him that the car when started revved out to the red rev limit and stayed there so then he contacted a garage in waterford which is only 25 miles from where i live there called xtreme auto,s. the guys from xtreme came to my house and have now taken the car to be repaired so hopefully everythibng turns out ok. i have wanted a supra for yrs and now that my dream has been realised im hoping it will sort itself out the car otherwise is in good order altho i think i could do with changing the headlights, the car is a facelift modle with all the trim its black and i think looks the buisness.

if its facelift i wouldnt have thaught the headlights need changing. usualy happens with the older jspec cars where they go foggy. Get some of that maguires plastic stuff and give them a good polish. save yourself a couple of hundred :p

Hope your car gets sorted soon!

Guest eugene_rzs
Is this your car by any chance? TOYOTA SUPRA RZ-S TURBO MANUAL

If so, the lights look as fine as the rest of the car! :cool:

It's a VVTi so the problem could have something to do with the drive-by-wire throttle maybe ...

hi yes thats the car i bought the lamp on the drivers side has some of hte crome missing from around the bulbs and loooks like water may be getting in but not too worried about that,as long as they can sort the engine problem out

Water might have got in (and that might be improved by removing a bulb, blowing in some hot air and then checking all bulbs are back and sealed properly) but it's well worth trying to clean them first with PlastX, etc. - what might appear to be on the inside of the lens can magically disappear after a polish with this stuff.

I don't think it's too surprising that some of the 'chrome' is flaking either: I think this is fairly common on facelift lights, especially when they're already 10 years old ...