The mkiv Supra Owners Club

emanage blue help (pics inside)

123tom123tom

right i have a number of questions in regards to this EMB:)

1. the unit itself was bought second hand off Ryan G, i believe it used to be on a honda not 100% though, is there a way of resetting it to factory?

2. sorry about the quality of the pick in regards to this next question, but the side of th EMB has some little twisty dial things, they are currently all set to '0' should they be set to anything different.

3. What do i connect the what i believe to be a boost pressure sensor too, can some one confirm that is what it actually is.

(could it be put to the pipe that comes directly out of the back of the intake chamber.

4. inside it has lots of jumper settings do these need to be changed as it has been on a honda.

any help is appreciated here.:)

DSC00124.JPG

DSC00125.JPG

DSC00127.JPG

DSC00128.JPG

DSC00130.JPG

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

right i have a number of questions in regards to this EMB:)

1. the unit itself was bought second hand off Ryan G, i believe it used to be on a honda not 100% though, is there a way of resetting it to factory?

The unit will remember its last maps, to change that you just need to goo into all the maps in the software and reset to "0",

2. sorry about the quality of the pick in regards to this next question, but the side of th EMB has some little twisty dial things, they are currently all set to '0' should they be set to anything different.

Leave them set to "0"

3. What do i connect the what i believe to be a boost pressure sensor too, can some one confirm that is what it actually is.

(could it be put to the pipe that comes directly out of the back of the intake chamber.

Yes its the pressure sensor, just connects to the rear panel

4. inside it has lots of jumper settings do these need to be changed as it has been on a honda.

Yes here is a link to install and jumper settings, http://www.mohdparts.com/emanage/install/2jz-gte_install/index.html

any help is appreciated here.:)

right i fiited the EMB today in the glove box, all went very well and all fits perfect will post some pics of he install tomorrow,

have a question, i hooked the laptop up to it via usb connection, how do i find the map that is on it at the minute. what is the process of loading it up.

it says the status is online when i connect to the correct port, i dont know which options to use, i want to create a base map so i can drive it somewhere to get it mapped properly.

any idea's guys;)

right i fiited the EMB today in the glove box, all went very well and all fits perfect will post some pics of he install tomorrow,

have a question, i hooked the laptop up to it via usb connection, how do i find the map that is on it at the minute. what is the process of loading it up.

it says the status is online when i connect to the correct port, i dont know which options to use, i want to create a base map so i can drive it somewhere to get it mapped properly.

any idea's guys;)

Open up the support tool and go top communication and then import data.

You should see a loading up bar and the words corresponding displayed.

Once it has impoted data you will be able to open the maps which were tuned from the toolbars at the top of page, airflow/ ignition etc.

To set a base just set all the maps to 0.

Open up the support tool and go top communication and then import data.

You should see a loading up bar and the words corresponding displayed.

Once it has impoted data you will be able to open the maps which were tuned from the toolbars at the top of page, airflow/ ignition etc.

To set a base just set all the maps to 0.

does this importing data normally take a long time, its just i think i did that but maybe didnt give it a chance to import:)

i get the message corresponding and a load bar but nothing happens, unless like i said it takes a long time.

i will have to give it another go, should the ignition just be turned to the last click before starting so that the EMB is on obviuosly

There is a problem with the software sometimes and it will not import data and the bar on screen will not load up.

Try exiting the software and going back in a couple of times and it will probably start working.

What version software are u using?, i'd recommend a update to version 1.49.

As long at is says online u should be fine with the ign key position.

Are u using a genuine communication cable?

Edited by n boost (see edit history)

There is a problem with the software sometimes and it will not import data and the bar on screen will not load up.

Try exiting the software and going back in a couple of times and it will probably start working.

What version software are u using?, i'd recommend a update to version 1.49.

As long at is says online u should be fine with the ign key position.

Are u using a genuine communication cable?

yes i believe it is the genuine cable, looks like the one on there website for advertising, when updating the unit can i just down load a update from some where onto my laptop or does the laptop have to be hooked up to the emb to do it.

ps my version was 1.11, i have updated it to 1.13/1.39 firmware i think that is correct.

dont think i can version any higher that that with out a original 1.20/1.40 cd

Edited by 123tom123tom (see edit history)

i have just tried doing what you said, but the light is on but know one is in:blink:

it says it is online and the E in the top corner of the software is flashing green, but when i try and import it just does as i said earlier in the thread. It says corresponding in progress, or something along those lines but does nothing.

the loading bar doesnt even start, i got the update off the web for the firmware v1.39.

I went to the update main unit and it looked for the file i downloaded, it found it, brilliant, went to upload it to the main unit and it failed.

what am doing wrong:taped:

i have a pic of the cable attached(i get connected so i cant imagine it is this)

i did all the jumper settings inside aswell to what is correct for a supra.... if that helps

DSC00126.JPG

the unit was second hand and bought from ryan g on here so am guessing it should be fine.... it still connects to the emb, well it says it is online when i plug it in. when i plug it in it asks if i want to create a emb data connection, i said yes it searched for the drivers on the software disk, then said sucessfully installed then the unit sorftware said online, when i pull the cable out it says offlie so i think it works?????think?????

plus my laptop doesnt have the 9 pin serial port on it.

its all going wrong!!! what next please help am becoming depressed about it :blink::(

That deffo aint the cable that i have either. E manage use's a serial to usb connection and is very tempermental about other cables and usb converters etc.

I myself have a brand new laptop which does not have a serial connection and after trying some adaptors belkin etc which did not work i ended up buying a cheap laptop with serial connection.

The pic that tricky ricky posted is the correct cable and believe it will sort outyour communication problems.

U can buy clone cables but no idea where from and even some of those dont work properly.

For mapping ANY ecu that uses a serial connection I have found that you are creating hassle using converter et cetera, using a laptop with a true serial port negates a lot of these problems straight away. I bet most pro mappers will be found to use a laptop with a proper serial port for ecu's that expect them. Just leave it be until whoever maps the car is on site, that's my advice.

there is a convertor cable usb -> usb specifically for the EMB - I have one ;) and work fine

Out of interest mate, what brand and model is it? and what brand of laptop do u have?

I ask this because my mates laptop worked o.k with the converter but would not work on mine, maybe compatability problems with some brands.

where do i gat on of those cables mate.....WHERE A NEED ONE:taped:

seriously though it just would be nice to set everything to 0 to create a base map so i could get the car to be mapped.

i started it the other day and filmed the start up, but the car ran rough obviously because the emanage unit used to be on a honda so i have been told.

i need to reset but cant do it because of this problem.:)

where do i gat on of those cables mate.....WHERE A NEED ONE:taped:

seriously though it just would be nice to set everything to 0 to create a base map so i could get the car to be mapped.

i started it the other day and filmed the start up, but the car ran rough obviously because the emanage unit used to be on a honda so i have been told.

i need to reset but cant do it because of this problem.:)

i'm trying to find where I got it from, failing that - you can borrow mine

that would be great mate, let me know if you find it or not, at least if i do borrow yours i can find out whether it is the laptop or the cable, right?:):):):)

you have just give my day a pick up:p

right - all I can find is an email address of the chap who makes them. you can try emailing him, or you can borrow mine.