The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Full set Ohlins dampers MIV N/A or TT

Chris Wilson

Fully professionally rebuilt and re gassed, height adjustable, damping adjustable. Dyno tested, A1. Can supply with springs for fast road / track day usage, or can be used with stock springs. Looking for £480 without springs or top mounts (they can use stock top mounts or uniball). Excellent dampers with full refresh.

They have a very wide adjustment range for damping, so can be tailored to the springs you use. The springs will dictate the ride, these can be set softer than stock units up to about 3 times the stiffness.

Height adjustment is via the lower spring seat and circlip grooves, there are 9 height settings 10mm apart.

Will you have to change the spring preload when you lower/raise the car ? Looking at the picture you provided it seems to me that you cant change the ride height and have a constant spring load.

They have a very wide adjustment range for damping, so can be tailored to the springs you use. The springs will dictate the ride, these can be set softer than stock units up to about 3 times the stiffness.

Height adjustment is via the lower spring seat and circlip grooves, there are 9 height settings 10mm apart.

You can sure have them Brian, thought you had gone off the idea so never followed it up. I can provide some springs that will do what you want. I don't have any spare top mounts, you'd need to use your old ones. Do you still want them, springs would be an extra £150?

You can sure have them Brian, thought you had gone off the idea so never followed it up. I can provide some springs that will do what you want. I don't have any spare top mounts, you'd need to use your old ones. Do you still want them, springs would be an extra £150?

Yes please Chris with springs :)

Is it possible for you to set them for optimal ride height before shipping them to me? Then I can easily fit and go get laser aligned at a place I trust locally.

My top mounts are in good condition so can reuse them - alternatively is there a particular 'better' top mount you'd recommend? Or is not worth the hassle with adjustable camber types especially when going with a sensible ride height?

Also do the dampers come with / need protective rubber boots?

I'm pretty open to your suggestions on all this stuff to get the best results - there's no doubt you know a lot more about suspension and setup than I do!

Cheers,

Brian.

I can set to an approximate ride height for your needs and the springs I supply, no problem. use stock top mounts, they'll be fine. There's no such thing as adjustable camber top mounts for the MKIV, camber is set by wishbone length, the damper angle has no effect on camber whatsoever. You just re use the existing rubber bellows, which also form a noise insulation pad for the top mounts. Cheers. I will need a week or so to get the springs back here, they are in storage with some race stuff and my pal is away where they are kept, cheers.

Thread Hijack

On that point Chris...could you supply those rubber bellows that you speak of, one of my offside rears has started to corrode, but I wouldnt mind replacing them all, do they come with the mounts or can they easily be replaced?

I have HKS Hyper D with Pillowball Mounts

The only ones I have bought have been OE ones from Toyota, the HKS ones may well be bespoke, and good luck to you getting any parts for HKS damper kits that are more than say a year old :) The HKS ones may be smaller if they use smaller ID than stock springs, or subtly different. You'd need to compare them if the ID is the same.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.