The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My RS6 is up For Sale

mattysupra

it run a 12.7 at 1c track temp. Put it up against my supra that will run 11 secs but the sup could not get below 13.2 on the same day due to the track being to slippy (ice) . The RS6 was spinning all 4 wheels up to about 60MPH. It will normally not spin the wheels past about 25MPH or in second gear. I would take a guess that with grip it should run a low 12 second run. Dont think it would hit a 11 with the cats removed and another remap. Been promised another 70BHP when the cats are off with another map.

what quarter does it run ?

Mr Jm, im looking for a skyline next. Maybe a 34 with the computer stuff on the dash. Must be doing at least 550Bhp. You got anything at the right price for me. I need to be seeing a low 11 quarter! 10 would be better but needs to be reliable!

Mr Jm, im looking for a skyline next. Maybe a 34 with the computer stuff on the dash. Must be doing at least 550Bhp. You got anything at the right price for me. I need to be seeing a low 11 quarter! 10 would be better but needs to be reliable!

You want a 10 sec reliable Skyline :D

i will be buying plenty of modded r34 next year.. not sure on 10 second cars but certainly 11.5 to 12 seconds

is next year due to the sva test or what ever it is with modded r34 cars? Does this test expire after a certain age limit?

:D dont we all! That is what i would like. But anything that does a 11 and is reliable will do! I know a 11 sec car can be reliable! Fed up of being in the 12s.

Was down Brunntingthrope and there was an S4 there that pulled 198mph in 1.6 miles, it's blue, will dig out the company that did it

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&t=544410 he's in 2nd place.

think you talking about brett. He was racing with me at the pod when i run mine. The car has run 11 but again he had no grip and i think was running about 12.6 the same day as me. Nice car. But on your link it looks like name maybe doug?

The Mrs wont let me! I would love to but seems im at the stage where nobody has gone past yet. I dont have the money to be the guinnea pig to see how much power a RS6 can take. I love the car to bits. The quality and ride ect is so much better than a supra, BUT the RS6 is not capable of lighting up the rear tyres on the m-way at 100+ and scaring the sh1t out of me all the time. ( priceless in my books ) :blink: The Rs6 is really the best car i have ever been in. But for me it is just to easy to drive! Need to get back in the old school!

The Mrs wont let me! I would love to but seems im at the stage where nobody has gone past yet. I dont have the money to be the guinnea pig to see how much power a RS6 can take. I love the car to bits. The quality and ride ect is so much better than a supra, BUT the RS6 is not capable of lighting up the rear tyres on the m-way at 100+ and scaring the sh1t out of me all the time. ( priceless in my books ) :blink: The Rs6 is really the best car i have ever been in. But for me it is just to easy to drive! Need to get back in the old school!

But how is a Skyline give you lighting up the rears @ 100? For that you need RWD. IMHO a Skyline isn't going to be the hardest car in the world to drive

correct sort of! The problem with the Rs6 is that it has 40% drive to the rear and 60% to the front. Its like driving a front wheel drive! I belive on a skyline it is the other way around? Plus the skyline is manual and not this crappy ( in my eyes and Mr Clarksons ) paddle shift. Im sure most people will love it. You can get the back end out in a skyline swinging around. The RS is to stable for me. Fair enough the back end wont step out at 100 but will still give a bit of a challenge on the country roads when pushed. Basicaly i need car that needs a bit of driver effort. I would love to get another supra but after doing a 8 year stretch with one, well i think i have out grown the sup and been spoilt with 4 wheel drive.

P.s i say out grown the supra, But would defo have another in track form!

correct sort of! The problem with the Rs6 is that it has 40% drive to the rear and 60% to the front. Its like driving a front wheel drive! I belive on a skyline it is the other way around? Plus the skyline is manual and not this crappy ( in my eyes and Mr Clarksons ) paddle shift. Im sure most people will love it. You can get the back end out in a skyline swinging around. The RS is to stable for me. Fair enough the back end wont step out at 100 but will still give a bit of a challenge on the country roads when pushed. Basicaly i need car that needs a bit of driver effort. I would love to get another supra but after doing a 8 year stretch with one, well i think i have out grown the sup and been spoilt with 4 wheel drive.

Fair enough, TBH I find the 996 very uninvolving to drive aswell, for me 4wd may well get you round the corners quicker, but there's no better thrill than planting the right foot and having the arse kick out :D

A 996 Turbo is 95% Rear 5% Front (until needs be) and for me in terms of thrills a Single Turbo Supe murders it. If you're after driver effort a Skyline isn't going to thrill you in that way.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.