The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Unique Hybrids + More, Gauging Interest.

Tricky-Ricky

Now for sale! history and info, i bought this unique UK turbo set up that has an adaptor to fit straight on to a J spec TT, by way of a one off SS Y piece/down pipe, originally bought from Fish on here, his car was imported with this conversion, and was making surprising power! i then had the turbos completely rebuilt and hybridised, they have covered less than 2,000 mls, but unfortunately they had started to smoke a little,

so they where sent back to the company that built them, for a complete check and rebuild, replacing seals with a different type etc. so essentially they will be new,

Pic of turbos with the adaptor,

Pic of size difference between J spec (left) and UK hybrid (right) (bad pic but you get the idea)

Edit: to answer the questions regarding power, unfortunately i haven't got around to putting the car on the rollers since i finished mapping, when they where first fitted and not mapped properly it made 370BHP and 390FTLB at 1bar, but this was only at just 5,000RPM due to the run being aborted due to a sign of det, they can run at 1.3-4 bar, fully mapped i have no doubt that its making around the 430mark with equal torque figure,(they where built specifically for high torque output) and an easy 450BHP with 256-264 cams.

UPDATE! These are now back from full rebuild,so they are in effect new! so are up for sale as a complete kit, UK manifold, Hybrid turbos and the all important link pipe for £980 + P&P, or just the turbos for £900 + P&P

Edit! Forgot to mention that the first turbo turbine housing (best place) is drilled and tapped for an EGT sensor, but can easily be blanked if not needed.

OK now have the pipework ready for sale, full set, £130 + P&P Provisionally sold!

HKS SSQV fully polished, with fitting kit £90 + P&P SOLD to craig-mkiv

Also have a purpose made polished SS induction heat shield with cut out for std cold air feed £40 + P&P

Please PM me if you want more details.

I may have a chance of a new job coming up shortley if i get it I will be paid allot! if i do get it i will make you a offer or if you pm me a price I will let you know if im 100% interested, What bhp can these fellas do when mapped and what was your output from them and at what boost?

alternatively If I dont get the job and pay increase would you sell just the ploished pipes and how much?

Lew.

Are you going single now then Dick ?

These are a nice set - Im sure even better with the rebuild, good luck with the sale :)

Thanks Arran, yes finally, a kit came up cheap, so natural progression really,plus i couldn't face bolting the whole lot back on, i like the idea of having all that space to get at things LOL, only going to be running low boost to start with, probably wont notice a big difference having run them in TTC very similar characteristics to a single set up.

Hows your beast going?

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.