The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Angel eyes headlights??

SilverSoop

Hi all, i was reading a jap performance mag the other day and saw pics of a Japan auto show and there was a pic of a headlight of a facelift supra with angel eye lights.

I have got to say, they looked cool. But i think it would only work with facelift lights not the glass headlights as it wouldnt show up as well...

What do you all think of them?? :cool: :D

I'm halfway through doing mine just now. Another member on here has them in blue. I've gone for white though.

I cracked one of the cathodes though so i'm waiting on another coming so that i can get it finished :)

IMHO, on anything apart from a Beemer they're just wrong - besides which they're a bit gay anyway. They do nothing, apart from the "LOOK AT MEEEE!" factor.

Just fit some under-car neons and a loud dump valve if you're craving attention from the local schoolboys.

Apart from my Supra I've got an M3 as my daily driver but I wouldn't dream of fitting AAs to either.

Its a long way from attention craving for me Jake, think thats old man syndrome showing a little in yourself.

I'm anything but a chav but i do like to do things to make my supra a little different. Its just for me, noone else. I don't go to crail, i don't hang around car parks, i don't go to cruise's and i haven't even been to an owners club meet for either my supra or my MR2. Its solely for me and my own pride and sense of achievement with my car. I try to do as much work as i can.

Just because you don't do something doesn't mean you have to slate and pigeon hole everyone who does. Having your opinion on them and how they look is fine but its not very nice to say that i fit into a certain "bracket" because i do things and see things differently from you.

Guest mattsupra

well done you scotster

im the same mate and i love angel eyes

can you post a how to if admin let you as i would like to do some with mine?

have or can you do some pics etc of the instalation please?

thanks

matt

Its a long way from attention craving for me Jake, think thats old man syndrome showing a little in yourself.

I'm anything but a chav but i do like to do things to make my supra a little different. Its just for me, noone else. I don't go to crail, i don't hang around car parks, i don't go to cruise's and i haven't even been to an owners club meet for either my supra or my MR2. Its solely for me and my own pride and sense of achievement with my car. I try to do as much work as i can.

Just because you don't do something doesn't mean you have to slate and pigeon hole everyone who does. Having your opinion on them and how they look is fine but its not very nice to say that i fit into a certain "bracket" because i do things and see things differently from you.

I like them, it just would give the Supra the extra defining look. Afterall, the headlights are the eyes of the car...and you do want them to look the dogs b*llocks! :D

well done you scotster

im the same mate and i love angel eyes

can you post a how to if admin let you as i would like to do some with mine?

have or can you do some pics etc of the instalation please?

thanks

matt

Theres not really anything to it. I just popped them in the oven at 80 degrees for 10 mins and prised them apart. I then got some 2 part araldyte and glued the cold cathodes in place. Whacked them back in the oven for 10 mins and stuck them back together.

I like them, it just would give the Supra the extra defining look. Afterall, the headlights are the eyes of the car...and you do want them to look the dogs b*llocks! :D

The only thing i'm wondering is whether or not to have all 6 lights done or not. Had a look at the blue ones done on here and i was put off a little. Not sure if it was the 6 rings or the fact that they were blue.

its a spare set i'm using anyway so i can swop them over if i like. Also all of the eyes are wired up seperately so i can turn certain ones off if i don't like them all on.

Guest mattsupra
Theres not really anything to it. I just popped them in the oven at 80 degrees for 10 mins and prised them apart. I then got some 2 part araldyte and glued the cold cathodes in place. Whacked them back in the oven for 10 mins and stuck them back together.

The only thing i'm wondering is whether or not to have all 6 lights done or not. Had a look at the blue ones done on here and i was put off a little. Not sure if it was the 6 rings or the fact that they were blue.

its a spare set i'm using anyway so i can swop them over if i like. Also all of the eyes are wired up seperately so i can turn certain ones off if i don't like them all on.

i take it there jspec plastic ones then ? and what did you do with the wiring side of things?

would still like a how to if poss please? as im new to supras and really dont want to mess them up for the sake of aa and some pics when there finished would be cool to

Well the on the pic i was looking at, the lot was done on the front headlights - obviously with all the lights on. And ive got to say, it looked really good.

It just would be different from what everyone else has got and i like being different...:) ;)

i take it there jspec plastic ones then ? and what did you do with the wiring side of things?

would still like a how to if poss please? as im new to supras and really dont want to mess them up for the sake of aa and some pics when there finished would be cool to

Yeh they would be j-spec but i suppose though it could be done on glass headlights but personally, i dont think it would show up that well.

Just checked out the one i finished to take some pics. Hooked it up the the car battery and one of them didn't work. Upon inspection it has a hairline crack!

ARghhhhhhhhhhh, oh well, just need to get another one of those ones too lol.

I WILL get there though.

Oh yeah, they are J-Spec. They aren't facelifts but i painted them matt-black to make them like facelifts. I also masked up the chrome to make it look like rims.

I'll post up the pics tomorrow. Its to late to go searching for the cable.

Guest mattsupra

aww bummer scotster

l like the sound of the black inners with chrome rings (please no up hill gardning jokes about rings lol ) and they would set the aa off a lot

nice one on the pics too and sorry its not working right mate

matt

Just checked out the one i finished to take some pics. Hooked it up the the car battery and one of them didn't work. Upon inspection it has a hairline crack!

ARghhhhhhhhhhh, oh well, just need to get another one of those ones too lol.

I WILL get there though.

Oh yeah, they are J-Spec. They aren't facelifts but i painted them matt-black to make them like facelifts. I also masked up the chrome to make it look like rims.

I'll post up the pics tomorrow. Its to late to go searching for the cable.

Ahh no, what a nighmare! Hope you get it sorted...:)

I'll tell you what headlights would look good, have a look at Jamie P's old Supra and take a look at the headlights on that..

They are like a facelift headlight with a twist and would look awesome if they were angel eye'd ones! :D

You don't want to know how much JamieP's headlights cost ;)

I think they are abflug or something like that. Cost a fortune. I was going to have a go at making them myself but i was advised against the idea.

You don't want to know how much JamieP's headlights cost ;)

I think they are abflug or something like that. Cost a fortune. I was going to have a go at making them myself but i was advised against the idea.

Go on Scotster humour me, how much did his headlights cost?? :D ;)

Wouldnt it be cool though to have them with angel eyes though?! :D

I don't know, thats just what i was told when i asked ;)

I have £300 in my head but i don't know why. I'm positive that is just for the inserts, not the lights.

Ooh ok ouch! Maybe its just best to stick to the standard J-spec healights yeh?? :D

You could get a cheap set and DIY it. I thought about it, but as i said, i was advised against it. I can't remember who it was, but someone told me that they gave it a go once and had to give up. They said that they had a LOT of experience using fibreglass too.

You could get a cheap set and DIY it. I thought about it, but as i said, i was advised against it. I can't remember who it was, but someone told me that they gave it a go once and had to give up. They said that they had a LOT of experience using fibreglass too.

Nah cant be bothered with all that! I just stick to what i have got lol! :D

I don't know, thats just what i was told when i asked ;)

I have £300 in my head but i don't know why. I'm positive that is just for the inserts, not the lights.

close they are £350 odd plus another £150 odd for putting them together, mine have just left japan :D

personally i think angel eyes are ok. Its the nasty blue LED's you see on Saxo's that piss me off as they are blaintanly illegal yet the police do nothing.

close they are £350 odd plus another £150 odd for putting them together, mine have just left japan :D

personally i think angel eyes are ok. Its the nasty blue LED's you see on Saxo's that piss me off as they are blaintanly illegal yet the police do nothing.

Yeh tell me about it Daston! Have you considered putting angel eyes in your new headlights?? :)

no as they dont fit in with the agressive look of the car they seem to make it more of an executive feel about them.

Yeh you're right there Daston, i never really thought about them that way...but im still contemplating as to whether to have them done or not...:)