The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Did they sell CelicaSupra here?

JamesC

Yeah i sold mine last year a 1985 wide bodied version in white,needed quite a bit of work doing to it which i couldnt dedicate to it,but boy it shifted.It was the japanese version to rival the 2.8i capri,i still miss it but prefer what i have now.Mine was 22 years old with only 103k on the clock with ftsh.Rare as hens teeth.

Yeah i sold mine last year a 1985 wide bodied version in white,needed quite a bit of work doing to it which i couldnt dedicate to it,but boy it shifted.It was the japanese version to rival the 2.8i capri,i still miss it but prefer what i have now.Mine was 22 years old with only 103k on the clock with ftsh.Rare as hens teeth.

Are the ones above the wide body versions? Is it jusst the overfender things or actually wider?

I had one of these, my fav car to date.

They did two types, the earlier ones did not have the arches.

They had a different front to the Celicas, bigger pop up lights and different bumpers.

Also I think the back was slightly different too.

Later ones had a LED dash too..

Are the ones above the wide body versions? Is it jusst the overfender things or actually wider?

Working on memory here....The early MkII versions shared the same body as the Celica, only the engine and interior stood it apart. Around 1982 the MkII got a new front end, and the flared wheel arches and larger wheels plus independant rear suspension (Ive read that Lotus were involved in some suspension development ?). The basic body shape was the same.

I sold one of these to my ex housemate last year, from another friend, my friend let it go for £150, so I told the other mate to snap it up :) - A bit of rust, but he's mechanically minded, so he's done well considering it's a 'pastime project', and his missus's nagging to save for their wedding...

He does keep calling it a Supra though, I was correcting him saying technically it's a 'Celica Supra'... Am I right? And that makes it a Celica?...

Did these look different to the regular Celicas? I saw a silver one near Southampton a couple of months back. It was a complete rustbucket and driven by what looked like a 14 year old :blink: but it definitely had the Supra written across the back.

I had one of these, my fav car to date.

They did two types, the earlier ones did not have the arches.

They had a different front to the Celicas, bigger pop up lights and different bumpers.

Also I think the back was slightly different too.

Later ones had a LED dash too..

Yeah flared arches was why it was called the wide body version if my memory serves me right

LOL all three of the pics above have different kind of arches, i'm guessing these are all mkIIs though? The 1st one has smaller smooth arches 2nd ones look like a overfender type thing, the 3rd looks different but very similar but that could be the same just looks different because its black.

• 2 months later...

some survived but might have been better off dead. wonder how many mkiv supes will be like this at nearly 25 years of age?

(what's that pipe all about?)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks___1984-Toyota-Supra-with-V-8-and-automatic_W0QQitemZ200235501016QQddnZCarsQ20Q26Q20TrucksQQddiZ2282QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item200235501016&_trksid=p3756.m14.l1318

I like mine so much I have dropped a MKIV TT engine into it :)

Long process, but hopefully worth it! I have always prefered the wedge shape and pop up headlight thing. Rust has been a big issue with it but a little work and a couple of new panels has cleared up most of the problems.

I like mine so much I have dropped a MKIV TT engine into it :)

Long process, but hopefully worth it! I have always prefered the wedge shape and pop up headlight thing. Rust has been a big issue with it but a little work and a couple of new panels has cleared up most of the problems.

nice one!

I'd love to see some pics of that!