The mkiv Supra Owners Club

FIA GT Championship - UK Round @ Silverstone - 19/20 April

SteveR

The opening round of the FIA GT Championship comes to Silverstone in April, when the world's premier sports car series will make its only UK appearance of 2008.

http://www.fiagt.com/img/showimg.php.jpg?countkey=63&key=4838&season=2007&event=2&size=3&rnd=true

The international FIA GT Championship opens at Silverstone this year and a few members have asked about the possibilty of getting a club stand organised.

Sports car fans will be treated to a feast of classic GT action, featuring some of the most spectacular cars from the greatest sports car marques, including Aston Martin, Ferrari, Maserati, Corvette, Porsche, Lamborghini and Saleen.

Away from the track there is plenty to keep the whole family entertained: autograph sessions, pit-walks and an 'open-to-all' paddock will provide exceptional access to the teams, stars and the stunning competition supercars

Tickets are around the £20 mark, £25 for an all-weekend ticket (under 16s free), but I'll ask about discounts and the price of tickets if we have a small stand (and also if we can camp); so hold fire for a couple of weeks whilst I enquire.

Post up here if you're interested, and also post up if you're pretty certain you'd be up for a weekender if we got a club stand. :thumbs:

http://www.fiagt.com/img/showimg.php.jpg?countkey=0&key=4496&season=2007&event=51&size=3&rnd=true

Can't think why the original thread didn't get more response, it looks like a great day / weekend (and cheap too) !

Up for the day, may be two but not camping, last time I camped (JAE 07) I was wet, cold, uncumfy, kept awake by people arguing most of the night and deafened in the morning :blink:

Down on the Calendar (me and Soo).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Sounds cool, just got my tickets through today!

Did you get an advance weekend ticket? I'm tempted.... although I would still like the option to not bother going if the weather is horrendous so I'm too tight to buy in advance lol

Did you get an advance weekend ticket? I'm tempted.... although I would still like the option to not bother going if the weather is horrendous so I'm too tight to buy in advance lol

No just an advance sunday ticket

Which day are you going on?

Im going on the SUnday, hopefully the weather wont be as atrocious as the snow on the bsb rounds at Brands

I keep phoning Silverstone to ask for a club area, but as they aren't returning my calls and it's now the 11th hour, I suspect the answer is 'sorry, but no'.

Looking at the weather forecast (showers) I suspect I'll only be going for the Sunday - do people want to meet up somewhere? I won't be in the Supe but I'm happy to meet up with people once 'inside' the track?

Saturday 19th April

08.30 – 08.50 GT4 European Cup Qualifying Practice 20’/5’/20’

09.00 – 10.20 FIA GT Championship Free Practice 80’

10.30 – 11.20 FIA GT3 European Championship Qualifying Practice 20/10/20

11.30 – 12.50 FIA GT Championship Pre-Qualifying Session 80’

13.35 – 14.05 GT4 European Cup Race 1 30’

14.30 – 15.10 Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli – Coppa Shell Race 1 38’+1 lap

15.45 – 16.45 FIA GT3 European Championship Race 1 60’

17.15 – 17.50 FIA GT Championship Qualifying Practice 15/5/15

18.15 – 18.55 Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli Race 1 38’ + 1 lap

Sunday 20th April

09.00 – 09.30 FIA GT Championship Warm Up 30’

10.00 – 10.40 Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli – Coppa Shell Race 2 38’ + 1 lap

10.55 – 11.10 Church Break

10.45 – 11.30 Pit Walk

11.40 FIA GT Championship Pit lane open

12.15 – 14.15 FIA GT Championship Race 2h

14.45 – 15.25 Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli Race 2 38’ + 1 lap

15.55 – 16.55 FIA GT3 European Championship Race 2 60’

17.25 – 17.55 GT4 European Cup Race 2 30’

Steve, pick up car tmorrow from garage and making our way straight to Silverstone. Weather doubtful but what the heck eh. May go both days, hope to see you there

Doh, only just seen this - mate if you come back to a PC in between Sat & Sun give me a shout! :)

P.S. I noticed yesterday that Sunday's main race will be broadcast live on ITV4. :cool:

God it was cold today, only spitting so plenty of racing. The qualifying for GT races tomorrow was cool, the Saleen S7R and the Masa MC12 were pretty quick and looked the biz. Its well worth going tomorrow but wrap up warm.:cold: