The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MOT 90% pass :-)

Gerry

Sailed through the MOT today, apart from the front number plate which didn't even make it into the garage before it was thown out.

It's a Craigsplates "import" one (about 2/3 standard size). Just out of interest I gave the tester a copy of the DVLA blurb which says "certain specific imports" can fit a smaller import plate.

He said he'd never heard of it but would be happy to check and get back to me (he's a nice guy, doing up a 1976 Celica GT at the mo).

It will be interesting to see what he comes back with.

Anyway, the new big plate looks great in the boot :D

---

Smiled at myself when I saw my reflection in the big reception-workshop window when they were testing the car.

I was pacing up and down looking worried (even more than usual) reminded me of a dad watching an operation on one of his kids :)

I was pacing up and down looking worried (even more than usual) reminded me of a dad watching an operation on one of his kids :)

God I hate MoTs, always think they're going to scratch it or crash it into the test station wall at 2pmh or something. I'd rather have teeth pulled out lol

I had the legal minimum size registration (smaller plate/letters) on the front of my Supe and never had an issue at MoTs / never got pulled. Apart from being legal, assuming I couldn't fit a larger plate ;), it loooked fine TBH.

second to last mot i took my mini on the tester spun the tires up in the garage and i was like oi thats my f..ing car when you finished, he then drove it very aggressively on to the brake testing rollers and smashed the sump on the floor (had to take the sump guard off every mot because it would get stuck), i politely told him to give my keys back im not having it tested here, the cheeky b*****d even tryed to charge me :rolleyes: never have been back there :D

lol about the plate, i have tryed the trimmed around the numbers... yeah didnt pass:(