The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK Autobox issues.

jamesmark

I have noticed a few times that when going from D to R that the car does not want to move, it just sits in neutral then after a 1-2 seconds reverse engages and were off, but it then comes out of gear 1-2 seconds later it goes back into reverse. It done it 3 times in 20m that I was reversing.

It also happens when selecting D it will pause for a moment then I have drive.

Both scenario's it is as if I have a box full of neutrals but only for 1-2 seconds before the autobox engages gear. It only happens when I have been stopped as driving, overtaking etc is all fine with no issues.

I am still to do error codes, but I have no had any warning lights etc as yet. Oil was filled up in the box on last service.

james - I think its a box sensor causing the problem - dont know whick one though (I have it, but only happens on the odd occasion).

As a quick fix, pull the stick into L and drive off manually, once into D it should be OK.

If your looking to reverse, do the same, pull the stick into L (wait to feel it engage) and push it back up to R and you should be OK.

I have posted the issue before as others have it but to my knowledge no one yet has cured the problem?

Hope this helps.

james - I think its a box sensor causing the problem - dont know whick one though (I have it, but only happens on the odd occasion).

As a quick fix, pull the stick into L and drive off manually, once into D it should be OK.

If your looking to reverse, do the same, pull the stick into L (wait to feel it engage) and push it back up to R and you should be OK.

I have posted the issue before as others have it but to my knowledge no one yet has cured the problem?

Hope this helps.

Cheers Vil. Will give that a bash. Funny you should say that as it is fine when I feel another gear engage.

Whilst reversing it still slips in and out of gear and I tried what Vil mentioned too but still does it. :(