The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1998 TT VVTI Tiptronic BPU

Sisky

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=877945

Pics in link above.

will take 12K sterling straight and also consider exchange with cash. If anyone wants to trade up from an N/A I might consider it as well, as I might be able to justify keeping an N/A as a second car but not a TT at the minute - need to free up some of the cash

Car is in Ireland......just posting here in case anyone is interested in a little trip or was over this way anyways..or....I have enough confidence in the car to bring it to a UK ferry port to sell if someone agrees to purchase assuming in condition as advertised

Car will be 10 years old on March 1st so can be registerd in UK then

Only have car a few months......its mostly sat under a car pyjama on my drive.....

Prior to that was mostly garaged for 2 years when not driven.

Car is truly immaculate and needs for nothing.

Just done an oil service with 5w40 Valvoline Full synthetic.

Service before that included timing and auxillary belts and brakes as well as other fluids.

Have folder full of 4 years of service records since car was impoted into Ireland from Japan in 2003. Mileage then was 50K so less than 20K of the mileage done on the poor roads over here.

Its my third supra (and by far the best) and I'm afraid I'm just not gettin the buzz anymore.

(must be an age thing...I have a Daewoo as a second car and spend most of my time driving in that!!) so along with some other New Years resolutions have decided to sell the Supra if I get my asking price and go back to a nice comfy 5 series for my aching back (jesus listen to me , I'm only 33) and get rid of the piece of s*** Daewoo. They make a good fridge and I think their fridges would handle better too...

Before I let it go for less than or very near my asking price, I will leave it on my drive - Price is based on what I want in Euro in Ireland - difficult to sell over here though, not a big market.

Will be gettin some proper photos up when I can.

Spec detail:

Standard apart from:

-Blitz SUS air filter (with heat shield and cold air duct/funnel)

- Basic BPU done by Chris Wilson (de-catted, CW first decat pipe,restrictor ring 1.2bar, FCD)

- Blitz blow-off valve

- HKS superdrager straight through exhaust

- Metrika Boost gauge set in dash in place of analog clock

- Full HID coversion

- toyota chrome/leather gearknob

- blitz fattDC turbo timer

- blitz technospeed Z1's 18" (only thing on whole car that could be said to maybe require attention would be the alloys which could benefit from refurb, little bit of lacquer peeling on one and some minor kerbing, only visible from close-up. Wouldn't bother me but someone else might prefere to get them refurbed - but they are two and a half grand of wheel so are worth it, I would say they are in good condition but won't lie and say they are like new - will be posting closer pics)

- Falken 235/40/18 on front....Dunlop Sport Maxx 275/35/18 on back - all new tyres

- lower lip and active spoiler painted same colour as car (just done..not seen in pics..

- OEM skirts and spats

Interior is 100%, not so much as a scratch on the dash!

Bodywork is also excellent - no dents/scratches

Cheers,

Seán

• 2 weeks later...

:bump:

may be comin over to UK next month.......so if someone was genuinely interested in this I could take the ferry and bring the car........

when it stops raining I'll take some proper pics, which could be by about May!!!

Cheers,

Seán

i have obviously priced this at Irish market prices at which it is advertised here locally which are a bit more than over that side of the Irish sea......

a fair price according to what they are going for over here, but is it a bit expensive when translated to sterling??

I guess it must be, as i've had it up her 2 weeks and no replies......what is opinion on value of this in UK?

There are restrictions on importing vehicles under 10 years old into the mainland. I'm guessing that might be putting a few people off.

Sounds a little on the high side price wise, but it is about as new as you can import, maybe just too new.

Good luck with your sale

Mike

There are restrictions on importing vehicles under 10 years old into the mainland. I'm guessing that might be putting a few people off.

Sounds a little on the high side price wise, but it is about as new as you can import, maybe just too new.

Good luck with your sale

Mike

Good point, I forgot about that. You are not that likley to sell it here on that basis. Swedes pay good money though, speak to Jurgen he may have a contact for you.

Good luck with your sale

Mike

really! didn't know that about restrictions importing cars under 10years into UK....what are the restrictions.....obviously some people get over them as there are plenty of 98 and newer J-spec in the UK?

really! didn't know that about restrictions importing cars under 10years into UK....what are the restrictions.....obviously some people get over them as there are plenty of 98 and newer J-spec in the UK?

You need to google it mate, it's been like that for a couple of years now. Obviously any that were already imported prior to the change are still legal (or if they have a model report).

The car will be 10yrs old in 3 mths... simple, someone buys it and keeps it registered on Irish plates till then...

Can be done!

Good Luck and fair price as the car sounds pretty good...... :)

3 months? I'm not a maths guru but.....

if you can find out exactly when she was manufactured it might help. You can determine this from the VIN plate and either

http://mkiv.supras.org.nz/specs.htm

or

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=101452

Mike

car will be 10 years old after 1st march so only a few weeks....I guess i better put that in bold at start of thread! thanks for the help

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.