The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TT engine - in need of repair

razza

SOLD

This is from my car which is currently sat with Toyota GT. The engine needs a full rebuild most likely, possibly including re-boring.

The issues known are (James please correct me if not accurate or if I've missed anything, as I'm not the most mechanical minded):

The turbo shaft snapped and got stuck in the inlet pipe. Parts of the blades/shaft got shot round the engine damaging the cylinders. A test found that 5 out of 6 cylinders have 60%+ leakage.

Apart from that I do not know the extent of the damage to the rest of it. With the rest of the costs involved in swapping the engines out, I can't really afford to have Toyota GT spend time to strip the old engine down to see what the main issues are.

Therefore I'm open to offers, if people want to have a look at the engine themselves or want Toyota GT to do so for them then you'll have to speak to them as it's in their yard.

I cannot guarantee the condition of this engine.

Prior to this it had regular changes and services (oddly enough had just booked it in for a service inc. cambelt change at Toyota GT next week). It had 108k miles on it.

Please don't ask me to name a price as I have no idea what it's worth in this condition. I'm posting here so people can give me offers as I've had quite a few enquires already over it.

Cheers

Razza

this will come with the belts and pulleys on it, although the cambelt will need changing. All other bits will more than likely be used to transfer to the new engine I have.

It has the turbo's but as I say one's definately gone.

I can get more clarification of bits to come with it once the transplant is done, but for now assume no more than what's mentioned here.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.