1993 TT 6 speed J-spec BPU (RZ) - £8,499 ONO

supRo

***NOW SOLD***

1993 TT 6 speed J-spec BPU (RZ) - £8,499 ONO

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=324

Hello everyone.

It’s time to sell my car!

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/images/220572-1.jpg

It's a very quick BPU car and I’ve had her for nearly three years. It's in very good condition. Sometimes the second turbo comes online from 3500 rpm depending on load - Usually 3700 rpm as opposed to the stock 4000 rpm. It’s been serviced and maintained well mainly by Phoenix in Watford. Under my ownership from nearly three years ago, the following has been done (From the top of my head):

Brief description, Full spec below

Service items as and when needed. (Recent Oil and Iridium spark plug change)

Oil change around every 4K miles

Full BPU Inc Electronic Boost Controller and FMIC

Most of the cosmetic mods

19” Axis Alloys and Eagle F1 tyres (The rear tyres are brand new)

Geometry by http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/ - Handling is good!

UK Brakes (New CW Fast road pads all round)

Crank Pulley

Water Pump

V-belt and tensioner

Cam belt & tensioner

Power steering pump bearing

O2 sensor

Most Panels re-sprayed so paint work/body is in VGC. (Re-spraying due to body mods and there was minor rust on roof when I first bought the car)

Carbon Fibre bonnet and mirrors. Bodykit/Tril rear bumper

ICE – Pioneer Head unit has motorised screen, DVD, SAT NAV, additional screen on top Glove box (Custom built), Infinity speakers all round, 10” Rockford Fosgate sub, Alpine amp and 6 disc changer. (ICE cost nearly £2,000)

Re-trimmed Black and Grey leather front seats.

Recent RPS Flywheel and uprated clutch

HID lights

Remote Cat I alarm with tilt sensor and perimeter protection

New MOT.

Car was on "L" reg but the personalised plate "B3 ROH" (Worth £500) is included with the car

HPI Clear

Mileage is 127,000 miles – Mainly Motorway miles

I have service/modification receipts of over £12K.

My insurer has recently agreed valuation as £11,750

I’m the second UK owner

Tax runs out end of January 2008

I have the Cats, original airbox with new filter, mirrors, OEM Flywheel and rear bumper which is included in the sale. Rear Bumper may have to be collected from Luton. I do not have a rear spoiler.

Will be sold with a Valet.

Bad bits:

Crack under one side skirt but you can't see it unless you look underneath. Bumper and front spoiler are stone chipped. Some paint bubbling around stereo dash. Exhaust tip touches bumper and has caused minor damage just around one side of the exhaust - Can't see it unless you look close. This also causes "Squeeking" when it rubs.

Aeriel motor - ariel goes up but doesn't come down. I have pushed down the ariel and disconnected the switch.

Note - It does have a paddle clutch so it's not the smoothest clutch engagement! Can't notice from 2nd gear onwards. You get used to it!

Price - £8,499 ONO

Sorry, no PX.

Any questions, please ask or call me on 07903 130399. I'm based in Farnborough, Hampshire (J4a on the M3)

Thanks,

Ro

Full spec:

Engine

BPU-

2 Row Greddy FMIC With Polished hard pipes

Polished Rad pipe

Polished Rad and FMIC plates

Double De-Cat (3")

1 bar Restrictor ring

Aeromotive FPR with Gauge

Walbro fuel pump

Denso IK24 Spark plugs

Apex-i AVCR Boost Controller

Blitz SUS Induction Kit with Heat Shield

HKS Hiper exhaust

Thor VFCC

Thor Top Speed De-limiter

TRD Oil Filter

Transmission

RPS Cyn-R-G Segmented Lightened Flywheel (50% of the time there is no clatter noise from it which is good for a lightened flywheel!)

RPS Sport Clutch with Sprung Hub

B&M Short Shifter

Thrust Gear knob (Milled to fit B&M short shifter)

Motul 5.1 Clutch Fluid

Brakes, Suspension and Wheels

UK Spec Brake Calipers (4 pot front, 2 pot rear)

CW Fast Road Pads

Goodridge Braided Brake hoses

Motul 5.1 Brake Fluid

Tein NR Coilovers

Cusco Strut brace

19" Axis Hiros Alloy Wheels

Goodyear F1 Eagle 235/45/19 & Goodyear F1 Eagle GSD3 275/30/19

Geometry by http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/

Exterior

C-West Zenki front bumper spoiler with custom CF insert

Trial Rear Bumper

Top Secret MKII Carbon Fibre Bonnet with custom colour coded paint design

Flush Tailgate - De-badged, spoiler, wiper arm and washer jet removed

Ganador Carbon Fibre Mirrors

Facelift Clear bumper indicators - Uses original bulb holder and bulb

Clear wing indicators

UK Headlights with 6000K Xenon HID Dipped beam. LED Side lights

Inner rear brake lights converted to fog lights

Dark Smoke Tinted rear and hatch windows

Light Smoke Tinted front windows

Engine Bay

Hosetechniques Blue Vacuum hoses

Blue Sparkplug cover (with custom decals), fuse box, Diagnostics port cover, Bonnet Stay and Battery Clamp

Purple anodised sparkplug cover bolts

Chromed Turbo Heatshield

TRD Oil Filler Cap

TRD Coolant Filler Cap

Polished Cam Covers (Polished inside and out!)

Splitfire Grounding Kit

Interior

Silver Colour Coded Dash

Silver Colour Coded Door release bezels

Thor DSC Speedo Converter

Thor Stainless Steel Dial kit with Blue illumination

Stainless Steel Aux Dial covers

Stainless Steel Clock Cover with Supra Logo (My clock used as prototype!)

Apex-i Rev/Speed meter

TRD 320 kph Speedometer with Thor Stainless Steel cover showing mph (My Car was used for the prototyping of the TRD speedo stainless steel cover)

HKS Turbo Timer

HKS Electronic Boost Gauge

Re-trimmed Grey/Black Leather seats with grey piping

Grey leather gear gaitor

Nardi Torrino Steering wheel with silver colour coded center

Toyota Optional Alu pedal covers

Original Supra Mats

ICE

Pioneer AVIC X1R CD/MP3 head unit with Built in DVD and Sat Nav

Pioneer 6 disc changer

Top Glove box replaced with 6" LCD widescreen mounted in Custom Fibreglass surround, covered in Leather

Infinity 6.5" rear speakers (Dynomatted rear quarters)

Infinity 6.5" Reference-6500cs front component speakers (Dynomatted doors)

Sony Tweeters on Front Pillars

Rockford Fosgate 10" Punch Sub

Alpine Amp

Performance

Max 368.3 Rear Hub HP and 383.7 ft/lb Rear Hub Torque @ 1.25 bar(Thor)

338.7 RWHP/405.3 FWHP @ 1.15 bar - Surrey Rolling Road

Car is normally run upto 0.9/1.0 bar

0-62 mph in 4.36 seconds (1.2 bar - Using Apexi speed meter - No Wheel Spin)

Following stats are all on 19" Wheels and street tyres

1/4 Mile ET - 13.3410

1/4 Mile MPH - 111.40

60ft - 2.2531

330ft - 5.9780

1/8 MPH - 89.29

Top Speed 174 MPH (GPS)

Security

Certificated Toad Ai606 Thatcham approved CAT I Remote controlled alarm and immobiler with perimeter protection, tilt sensor and auto window closure. 2 fobs and two keys

Mate, that's lovely. Suggest you reconsider the selling price tbh! :)

I sold my Auto TT in Black with hybrids, but a lesser spec overall for £8750 mate. You'll get £9.5k quite happily I reckon.

Thanks for the comments guys,

Unfortunately some people will be put off by the mileage (126,000 miles), hence the price. It is an VGC. Better condition than some of the 'Low mileage' supras!

Cheers,

Ro

Thanks for the comments guys,

Unfortunately some people will be put off by the mileage (126,000 miles), hence the price. It is an VGC. Better condition than some of the 'Low mileage' supras!

Cheers,

Ro

...........oh and mine had 144,000 on the clock too! ;)

Ro mate how many times you had this for sale & backed out sorry once again to see you letting it go.

PS who ever buys this car will be getting them self such a bargain this car is fully loaded & looks the mutts nuts :eyebrows:

Someone will be a very happy person.

Good luck with the sale once again Ro mate.

What a bargain price it's going for too ;)

This is a great great example of a Supra.

This one is one of the rare examples that is SHOW AND GO. All the plastic bits stuck on, big rims and is actually fast too :)

Stick some stock rims on this thing and you'd probably be in the 12s :)

Good luck with the sale mate

Thanks for the comments everyone. I have a few people interested but I may put it on Autotrader tomorrow.

If anyone spots it on Ebay then please let me know! My car appeared on Ebay before, fraudulently! I can't stand Ebay and my car won't be going on Ebay!

Thanks,

Ro

How manageable is the paddle clutch in traffic/parking? Never driven one before!:help:

its one of them, there a pain at first but once you get used to it you dont know any difference, personally i love a nice grabby clutch :D

dont let a clutch put you off within a week you will be fine with it ;) (unless its a hks tripple which are a pain in the butt LOL)

its one of them, there a pain at first but once you get used to it you dont know any difference, personally i love a nice grabby clutch :D

dont let a clutch put you off within a week you will be fine with it ;) (unless its a hks tripple which are a pain in the butt LOL)

Thanks for quick reply. Don't know if I should let the mileage put me off this car-it looks awesome! Wondered if it is too powerful to fit a normal clutch? It won't be going near a track if I owned it.;)

Hi Rocketman,

Regarding the clutch, it's as what mkirby said! You do get used to it but you may stall it when you first try it out! The car started off with a stock clutch when I first bought it and it was fine. When the clutch wore out I put a CW clutch which I got off CW secondhand, that's basically an uprated clutch based on the stock. I decided to go for the current RPS paddle clutch after a bit of research together with a light weight flywheel. I have been very happy with it. Stock clutch will be fine on it. I have the old stock flywheel.

Regarding the mileage, the engine is in very good condition and looked after by Mark @ Phoenix. If you have any concerns, Mark will be happy to speak to you regarding the condition.

Any questions, please let me know.

Cheers,

Ro

• 2 weeks later...

*** NOW SOLD ***

Went on the same boat as JamieP's car, off to Denmark!

Gotta love the Danes/Scandinavians - No messing about! No checking over the car for two hours, no huffing and puffing, no haggling, no test drive!

They had a quick look and checks. Fella who bought it had a 700 BHP + BMW (10 sec quarter mile) so knew his way round modded cars. He plans to put a single turbo on it.

Cheers,

Ro

*** NOW SOLD ***

Went on the same boat as JamieP's car, off to Denmark!

Gotta love the Danes/Scandinavians - No messing about! No checking over the car for two hours, no huffing and puffing, no haggling, no test drive!

They had a quick look and checks. Fella who bought it had a 700 BHP + BMW (10 sec quarter mile) so knew his way round modded cars. He plans to put a single turbo on it.

Cheers,

Ro

Well done mate - He got a nice car and at a third of the price that you could pick one up for in Denmark:(

Ro I remember you taking me & my girlfriend for a spin up at Ace Cafe, on a cold and wet January evening. You fish tailing the beast on the A40 was enough, to have me reaching for my cheque book. Well done fella, sad to hear you've sold up, hope you got what you wanted for it. So whos the new owner?

Ro I remember you taking me & my girlfriend for a spin up at Ace Cafe, on a cold and wet January evening. You fish tailing the beast on the A40 was enough, to have me reaching for my cheque book. Well done fella, sad to hear you've sold up, hope you got what you wanted for it. So whos the new owner?

Hi Wayne,

Cheers! I got the asking price. I've told the new owner about our club - Hopefully he joins soon.

Ro

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.