The mkiv Supra Owners Club

air/fuel ratio gauge

mplavery

hi ppl

just been installing my defi guages and im going to put my old air/fuel ratio gauge in where the clock goes..but having trouble where the wires go on the heated oxygen sensor

from the guage i have a black white and red wire... on the oxygen sensor i have two blacks ones, a blue and white... did do a search but no luck thanks ppl:D

The red wire from the gauge goes to switched +12V, the black from the gauge goes to ground, and your white remaining wire from the gauge needs to be conected to the 0 - 1 volt signal output from your sensor.

Not knowing the exact sensor you are using, you are going to have to find out which of the four cables is the output. Two of them will be the heater and will have 12 volts across them and I would guess they may well be the white ones, and then one of the others will be earth and the remaining one your sensor output which is connected to your gauge.

If you have a multi-meter, or even a small bulb on leads you should be able to quickly determine the sensor heater wires and eliminate them, leaving you with two wires to connect up to your gauge. One will be the earth and when connected up should do nothing on the gauge and the other will be the output you want.

As jake says the information shown on the gauge is not accurate by any means and in terms of AFR figures cannot be used. But, what it will tell you is if you are running either lean or rich either side of 14.7 : 1 but you won't know by how much. Good indicator though.

Let us know how you get on.

beeecause like i said i was installing my defi gauges so all of my dash was out...this guage was out from my last car and was sitting in my tool box so i said what the hell, dnt need the clock so i put it there

As jake has said, if it is narrow band there is absolutely no point in doing it...

ahhh just the type of answer i was looking for....cheers buddy :D

The red wire from the gauge goes to switched +12V, the black from the gauge goes to ground, and your white remaining wire from the gauge needs to be conected to the 0 - 1 volt signal output from your sensor.

Not knowing the exact sensor you are using, you are going to have to find out which of the four cables is the output. Two of them will be the heater and will have 12 volts across them and I would guess they may well be the white ones, and then one of the others will be earth and the remaining one your sensor output which is connected to your gauge.

If you have a multi-meter, or even a small bulb on leads you should be able to quickly determine the sensor heater wires and eliminate them, leaving you with two wires to connect up to your gauge. One will be the earth and when connected up should do nothing on the gauge and the other will be the output you want.

As jake says the information shown on the gauge is not accurate by any means and in terms of AFR figures cannot be used. But, what it will tell you is if you are running either lean or rich either side of 14.7 : 1 but you won't know by how much. Good indicator though.

Let us know how you get on.