The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cruise sorted :)

SkyJawa

Well I sorted my cruise control this am just before a long motorway drive tomorrow so well pleased about that. I cut the cruise control speed input wire just by the connector and spliced on to the odo mph input wire. Cruise now works above 70mph, but I've lost being able to use it at 30, comes on around 40mph now - but more than happy to sacrifice that to be able to set it higher than 70!

Also tried my illumination for my defi gauge again, this time coming off the cigarette lighter illumination wire. I spliced into the white wire which I assumed would be + only its still not working so I guess I need to splice into the green one instead. Only a choice of 2 wires and I had a 50/50 chance - dammit!

:D

Paul,

Do you want me to do you a guide, or I could pop over and do it for you since you're just up the road!? Give you a chance to see the car too ;) Should take about an hour max mate.........

Or I can knock up a quick guide..........

Its been flipping great on the M40 this week :D ;)

Cheers

Neil

;) :D

I was gonna go to the meet but I can't make it as I'm busy helping my sis and bro-in-law do up the house they've bought b4 they move in next weekend so we're frantically trying to get it ready!!!!

I can do one evening next week no probs, I'll just swing round straight from work - give you a call on Mon if thats ok?

Cheers

Neil

Just in case members don't realise......

Using a scaled speed signal 5/8ths (MPH) to run the cruise means all low and high cruise set points are scaled by 8/5ths.

Also the step increment change has also been scaled by 8/5ths. So it will have lower resolution when trying to set a set speed. You may find it O.K. at 79MPH and again at 81MPH but you cannot reach 80MPH, or similar. Just a side effect of the change but well worth it for the gain of cruise to 112MPH.

Max 70MPH now 70*8/5 = 112MPH

Min 25MPH now 25*8/5 = 40MPH

etc

Regards

Pete