The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mk1 Aristo V300 Twin Turbo

Seb

So, the time has come to move on from my Aristo. I've had it for a year and a half and I've enjoyed my time with it but it's time to move on. Here are the details:

-80,000miles

-12 months Tax

-7 months MoT

-Silver

-Grey leather

-Electric driver and passenger seats, driver's with height and lumbar adjustment

-Leather steering wheel with electric adjustment for reach and rake and auto tilt away function

-Four-speed auto with Power mode

-Electronic dampers which stiffen the suspension when in Power mode over 70mph

-Traction control

-Driver's airbag

-Climate control

-Auto headlights

-Electric heated folding mirrors

-Air purifier

-Rear passenger ventilation

-Cat 1 alarm/immobiliser

-Reconditioned steering rack

Modifications:

-Power Enterprise Air Impulse Version II induction kit

-HKS SSQV

-TOM's TEC II ECU

-Lowering springs

-Custom made stainless steel cat back exhaust

-18" Gunmetal Ultralite Atec alloys 8x18 and 9x18

-AP Racing Formula brake kit with 355mm vented and grooved discs, 6 pot calipers, braided hoses and Ferodo DS fast road pads

-UK Supra rear brake kit with 324mm 3G grooved discs, Endless fast road pads and braided hoses

-4300k HIDs

-ICE install with Kenwood DDX6029 double DIN touch screen CD/DVD player, Kenwood KFC1690ie front speakers, uprated rear speakers, Kenwood KFCW3010 12" sub, Kenwood KAC8152D 1100W mono amp

I'll also be including a sport front grille, Merc-style mirror LED indicators and Walbro pump and Denso IK24 spark plugs, meaning all you need to go BPU will be a decat and restrictor ring.

The TOM's ECU removes the speed limiter and the FCD (and stops the cruise from working) and also appears to increase boost slightly as when I had the Aristo dyno'd at Thor soon after I purchased it it was boosting around the 0.9/1.0bar mark. It made 261.9bhp at the hubs along with 302.4lb ft of torque and while I know Thor's dyno has a rep for over reading, these figures sound about right (+/-310bhp and +/-350lb ft at the fly). Using a GPS performance meter, I managed 0-60mph in 6.2seconds, 0-100mph in 14.3seconds and a 1/4 mile time of [email protected], so it's pretty brisk for such a big car!

The exterior is in good condition, but it has the usual chips and scuffs that you'd expect on a car of this age, nothing major though, and none of which are down to me I hasten to add. Worth mentioning there is a tiny rust bubble by the driver's side rear arch, but this can easily be dealt with.

The interior is in really good condition, with almost no wear to the wheel and gear selector, the rear seats look like new, the car still has its original carpets which are in very good condition and the front seats have minor wear, which you'd expect.

Everything works perfectly, but there are a few things that I want to mention:

1) Radiator is starting to corrode a little but is very far from beginning to leak, and there's no over heating. You can get this re-cored for a lot less than buying new.

2) Gearbox sump is 'sweating,' but not actually leaking -it's been sweating since I bought it and doesn't appear to have actually sweated any more over a year and a half. New sealant will fix this.

3) The bolts that adjust the rear wheel alignment have seized so you'll need new arms - about £300 I think.

4) There's a slight vibration coming through the steering wheel at around 80mph, and only at that speed, and it doesn't always appear.

It's a big, comfy, quick car with loads of room inside for five and a reasonable boot and I've spent almost £6000 on modifications alone.

I'm looking for £5500 for it and I'm open to offers.

All,

Can I just say I bought my Soop off Seb and it was kept in excellent condition.

I would think that anyone would be very very happy with the condition of this car.

Very honest guy, even sent my MP3 player back when I left it at his place...

Paul.

Looks good Seb, just one point second decat is not same as Supra as i have had mine done and had to have custom one

cheers

Matt

Oh really? I knew the first decat required a specific pipe but I was under the impression that the second one was the same from what people had been saying but I stand corrected!

Yes that is prob it, mine went to a fabricator who measured each car individually and made each one to fit exactly so there may have been some difference, my second decat is 3 inch ss and is lovely, and £130 fitted.Just checked with Jody why Supra pipe did not fit my car, pipe is essentially the same but the front flange has a different angle to fit the first cat therefore Aristo flange had to be made to compensate.Supra one scraped the floor on the end that the exhaust bolts to, again it could depend on make, wanted mine to fit perfectly with no scraping and it fits dead on nice and high, sorry for the hijack Seb but i suppose they are free bumps:)

• 2 weeks later...

Guys it always amazes me that people just don't see the potential of these cars. They are priced way way below their BMW counterparts and they kick the arse out of them in practically every way. I'll put it another way as a young lad looking for a fast car but can only afford NA supe money and insurance I'd be lookin at a TT aristo instead because that car will hand an NA supe its ass on a platter and cost less t buy and less to insure.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.