The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Project Foglamp: Completed.

Digsy

Ahem, if I could have everyone's attention for a second please?

I'd just like to put in my claim for the most pointless modification to be made to a MKIV Supra so far this year.

My 6-month quest to "do something about my JIC rear foglamp" is at last over. The whole job entailled:

Taking the feed from the main power supply / fuse box, from the wire that feeds all the other lights. The feed is now via its own fuse and relay, mounted in the footwell.

Wiring in the proper MKIV foglamp switch. Earthing this correctly took two diodes, and splicing into the correct wire under the steering column. I also had to hand-make a plastic bezel for the switch cutout.

Swapping my J-spec tail lamps for GavinL's "garage clearout"

ones.

Downloading ALL the wiring diagrams from MKIV.com.

Modding both tail light connectors to include the sixth pin for the foglamps, so the UK spec ones just plug straight in.

And the piece de resistence:

Modding a spare fuel / temp dial face (courtesy of Wilfman) to include the fog lamp indicator - shame on those who said it couldn't be done! :D

This also required modding the flexi-pcb on the back of the instrument cluster, and adding an extra pin into one of the instrument cluster connectors to earth the bulb.

I just wanted you all to assess my level of anal retention :D It started out as a five minute job and sort of snowballed....

...and I don't even use my rear fogs. Even when it is foggy.

mod dial.jpg