The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help in keeping keeping spoiler down please....

womble

Well after putting some new wheels on the car and giving it a good clean I've decided that there's just one thing missing, I'd like to have the spoiler lip stay down at all times and I'm not q sure which fuse to pull / wire to disconect etc etc. I found 1 fuse which left it dowm when the engine was started but it also left my ! triangle, battery, oil, and fog light warning light's on too which is all a bit too much for me just to ignore :) . I've done a quick search but don't be able to fine the definitive answer. Idealy I'd like to be able to use the spoiler down button to raise / lower it at my own free will but will settle for permanatly down if this is not possible, thanks in advance for any help, pointers, advice indeed anything !.

Oh and it's a UK car if that makes any difference.

Cheers.

Oxygene, has the spoiler and a simple button for up and down. Fitted by Dude & electrics by Matt Harwood i think.

Also possibly nearer to you is Emin (supraTTmyster), who was going to fit one to mine and had the whole active spoiler mech working outside of the car and may be able to sort you out with the simple on/off switch system...... :)

Thanks for that but I was pretty sure that I've seen on here somewhere how to do it though maybe it that I've been thinking about doing it for so long I imagined it !. I was hoping to have a go at it myself as after fitting my clear side indicators yesterday (wooo BIG job) I'm felling all technically confident !!.

put it in the down position (ign on engine not running - press the down button), disconnect the wiring by the connector from the spoiler and short out two of the pins (cant remember which, info is in here somewhere).

that should leave it down and stop it triggering the error light.

the only trouble is there may b the odd occasion where u need it lifting.

Originally posted by eyefi

put it in the down position (ign on engine not running - press the down button), disconnect the wiring by the connector from the spoiler and short out two of the pins (cant remember which, info is in here somewhere).

that should leave it down and stop it triggering the error light.

the only trouble is there may b the odd occasion where u need it lifting.

Yeah I thought of that one but like you said I will need to lift it from time to time as it's quite low.