The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Actuator Help

Paul Laing

Found out by my local garage today that the cause of my annoying rattle is from the Actuator! On the ramps you can see it from under the car. The noise is so annoying i have to change it, anyone know the price for these from Toyota?

Also will the TTC get rid of this rattle or not? From what iv'e been told the rod that goes into the bush (Wahey! :p ) is whats causing the rattle. Anyone know what i need from Toyota, which parts and numbers etc?

Cheers

Paul

Originally posted by Paul Laing

Found out by my local garage today that the cause of my annoying rattle is from the Actuator! On the ramps you can see it from under the car. The noise is so annoying i have to change it, anyone know the price for these from Toyota?

Also will the TTC get rid of this rattle or not? From what iv'e been told the rod that goes into the bush (Wahey! :p ) is whats causing the rattle. Anyone know what i need from Toyota, which parts and numbers etc?

Cheers

Paul

You cant buy these from Toyota unless they come with a Turbo attached , TTC will make it worse , if you run in TTC you learn to get used to the rattle , sorry dude . :thumbs:

Dude:flame Dev

They only rattle cos of the rod thats vibrating on it, this won't make make anything bad on the car will they?

Wont make anything bad happen dude , see if your mechanic fancies adapting an adjustable aftermarket reg to fit , it wouldnt be that hard to do and you may be able to fine tune your turbos , who knows you may get them to boost before the redline !!!!:D

Borrow them?

Paul

Borrow ....... yes a strange concept , i let you have them for a period and then you give them back !!!!:stupid: that way you can tell if they cure your problem and if so hunt around for some of your own :thumbs:

You can buy uprated wastegate actuators from Fensport for the GT-Four. IIRC the ST205 has the same turbo (CT26??) as the supe so may well use the same actuators. To be honest, the actuator is probably a generic part. I think it was about 60-70 quids when I bought mine, but it was a while ago so may not be too accurate. Check them out at fensport.co.uk.

Cheers

Originally posted by TLicense

You can buy uprated wastegate actuators from Fensport for the GT-Four. IIRC the ST205 has the same turbo (CT26??) as the supe so may well use the same actuators. To be honest, the actuator is probably a generic part. I think it was about 60-70 quids when I bought mine, but it was a while ago so may not be too accurate. Check them out at fensport.co.uk.

Cheers

he's not talking about the turbo wastegate actuator, it's the exhaust gas diverter valve actuator.