The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wowzers! Ive been de-catted today :D

GazzaGSi

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Flat4_ire
I decated b4 xmas but i get the ocassional exhaust farts and a split second drop in power when it happens ?? normal ??
yup, really ya shudnt go full decat without getting an aftermarket ecu to get the most out of it, right? before i got mine mapped the exhaust was popping and banging, different car after the apexi ecu was installed,much smoother,more powerful drive...used to be only in certain gears but u dont have to worry about that do yo :p

Guest Flat4_ire
I though maybe the fact I hadnt fit the fitted the FCD yet might be a factor, as for the ECU From reading other threads I thought the stock ECU was good in the soops ??

well they are "good" but sure like any car, when decatting ur upsetting the stock ECU settings as your gonna be running more boost etc. it will run fine but fitting an aftermarket ecu would see the most from these mods like full decats, fmic etc etc

I decated b4 xmas but i get the ocassional exhaust farts at 100mph+ and a split second drop in power when it happens ?? normal ??

I notice from your car spec you dont mention an FCD, could you be hitting fuel cut.... does the warning light come on when you get the *ahem* flatus from your exhaust?

I notice from your car spec you dont mention an FCD, could you be hitting fuel cut.... does the warning light come on when you get the *ahem* flatus from your exhaust?

no doesnt light up m8 ! I have the FCD just not fitted yet giving it long finger, along with fuel pump and boost controller, all in the garage, aswell as then sub and amp ! Must make a start on it all when i get a chance..............

shudnt really be upping the boost without uprating fuelling man, ie:fuel pump,mapping the ecu..can cause her to run lean

Your mad to map shit, ill give you a map to macdonalds go get ur self a BSE Burger and Slurry chips ! :ecstatic: :ecstatic:

On another note Minced a W****** in a bmw 7 series E36 pull beside him gave him the international handsign for peace and flew off, felt soooooooooooooooooooooooooo good !

Guest Flat4_ire
Your mad to map shit, ill give you a map to macdonalds go get ur self a BSE Burger and Slurry chips ! :ecstatic: :ecstatic:

On another note Minced a W****** in a bmw 7 series E36 pull beside him gave him the international handsign for peace and flew off, felt soooooooooooooooooooooooooo good !

lol, map map map, sure he was probably 90 and reacted a bit late to the race, he prob just realising now! ha

Time for a little bit of sense around here.

If you've decatted your boost will go up.

To prevent this going dangerously high use a restricter ring.

If you use a 1.2 ring you're likely to hit fuel cut (ECU says no no to protect your engine)

When fitting a FCD this keeps the ECU supplying fuel after what it thinks is max safe boost

The expense of piggy back ecu and mapping is not neccessary at this stage for safety. The standard fuel map is very overly rich with fuel to prevent det. (Hence why mapping can actually save you fuel as well as provide extra ponies) If you're going the boost controller route and going above 1.2 then fuelling is advisable (as is uprated turbos for longevity)

I don't believe even an extra fuel pump is really neccesary for a simple decat either.

Boost guage recommended to monitor max boost.

Time for a little bit of sense around here.

If you've decatted your boost will go up.

To prevent this going dangerously high use a restricter ring.

If you use a 1.2 ring you're likely to hit fuel cut (ECU says no no to protect your engine)

When fitting a FCD this keeps the ECU supplying fuel after what it thinks is max safe boost

The expense of piggy back ecu and mapping is not neccessary at this stage for safety. The standard fuel map is very overly rich with fuel to prevent det. (Hence why mapping can actually save you fuel as well as provide extra ponies) If you're going the boost controller route and going above 1.2 then fuelling is advisable (as is uprated turbos for longevity)

I don't believe even an extra fuel pump is really neccesary for a simple decat either.

Boost guage recommended to monitor max boost.

fuel pump after 12 years sure it would only be running on 70-80% of that of a new one, clearly a new one would help the strain even if it doesnt increase power....

restrictor ring is in boost is at 1.0, profec b to be fitted, along with the pump, just wanted to hear what people thought before I get the rest fitted, and if this is normal after fitting ONLY double decat.