The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Simple (I hope!) Foglight conversion question

Elliot

OK, tomorrow my car's booked in the garage for a few bits and bobs.

I've asked to get the foglight conversion done into the rear lights (pre-facelift)

What I want to know is, is all the work done outside the light unit? (All in the wiring? etc)

It's just that I want to get them painted & clear lenses on the indicators, which will mean swapping my lights for a set that's already done.

So - once this conversion is done, can any set of lights be swapped with mine & still work, without any swapping of bits?

Can someone explain in 'village idiot' terminology?! :) I'd be most grateful.

:thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

all the wiring is done on the outside of the light units so u can swap the lights over no problem

You beauty! I didn't want to waste my money getting it done, if it wasn't going to work with my new lights (when I get them!)

One other question - I suppose I'll need to swap one of the bulbs though....(?)

no.. because it turns the outer set of brake lights into fogs when turned on

off

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/6/web/798000-798999/798380_17_full.jpg

on

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/6/web/798000-798999/798380_18_full.jpg

its hard to tell from the pics but thats what they will be like

http://www.cardomain.com/id/glennsupra

look towards the bottom of that page for pics of my conversion

Another way to do the conversion is to turn a reverse light into a fog.

I think that's what they were talking about? Does that mean putting a red lense where one of the clear lenses is then? So when you're reversing only one light comes on?

Sorry - I don't have a clue! :stupid:

Glenn, that looks quality.

got it done a few weeks ago...still have all my brake lights except when the fog switch is on...much better than a red blob in the reverse light... imo :D

cost me £50 with the guy supplying the little box thingies (technical term!) :Pling:

I currently have the foglight in one of my reverse lights and im not happy with it. It looks odd with the red bulb and people keep telling me one of my reverse lights doesnt work!

I got charged £80 to do the mod to get through the m.o.t. i dont know how it got through its first one before i owned the car as there wasnt a foglight anywhere?!

I've bought another set of rear lights just for the clear lenses to replace my orange indicators and while im at it will get the fogs wired into the brake or driving lamps as in the pictures, looks much better!

• 4 months later...