The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How much slack do you have in your transmission?

damouk

How much slack do you have in your transmission?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. How much slack do you have in your transmission?

• None or a Little
    • More than a little
    • Shed loads !!

It's a little noisy driving around town when you're lifting off the power and coming to a stop. Doesn't sound very clever!

Not sure exactly where the play is, it would be nice to get it sorted! :innocent:

Is this just on the manual cars or are the auto's the same?

i noticed this a while ago but just latley it has started to bug me.

it can be really annoying if you are traveling really slowly in a stream of cars.

i was really wondering how long i should leave it before spending a lot of cash to get it sorted :(

my cars got 97k on it and i know the clutch was replaced at 70 but i dont think the fly wheel would have been i do know i have a rear wheel bearing well on the way too

i hate spending money on the car just to keep it on the road!!

Doesn't sound like wheel bearing to me. Dual mass flywheel sounds much more likely but I had this on my old BMW and it was a bUggered bush on the rear suspention that was allowing the diff carrier to knock against the floorpan when it took up the drive.

changed rear wheel bearing today still same noise/told it was brake pads changed pads not them/if u go back quick it goes click/click/click then going forwards click/click/click if go forwards again no click at all/ just on first take off seems when slack is taken up forwards or backwards its ok.maybe a bush or handbrake shoes

changed bearing still same/told it was brake pads changed pads not them/if u go back quick it clicksclickclick then going forwards clickclickclick if go forwards again no click at all just on first take off

Maybe its just me but your post makes no sense. Can you punctuate it and use some normal grammar so the rest of us can understand what you are saying?

sounds the norm for a UK 6 speed.

I lost this noise when i fitted a new flywheel for about 2 weeks, and then a few launch's later it started to come back. My plan shortly is to take some heat resistant lightweight foam liner like dynaliner and line the transmission tunnel when i figure out how i am going to bolt it on as heat is sure to ruin any glue.. Hopefully the lack of reflections off the tunnel walls will kill most of the volume of that awful clonking sound. I suppose when you make a box this strong its gonna sound a bit agricultural.

I use my clutch a lot to hide this noise around town.

changed rear wheel bearing today still same noise/told it was brake pads changed pads not them/if u go back quick it goes click/click/click then going forwards click/click/click if go forwards again no click at all/ just on first take off seems when slack is taken up forwards or backwards its ok.maybe a bush or handbrake shoes

If I have translated this correctly... Rear upper control arm bushes??

See here

changed rear wheel bearing today still same noise/told it was brake pads changed pads not them/if u go back quick it goes click/click/click then going forwards click/click/click if go forwards again no click at all/ just on first take off seems when slack is taken up forwards or backwards its ok.maybe a bush or handbrake shoes[/QUOT THERES BEEN A BIG MISS UNDERSTANDING WITH GARAGE AND ME .THAY CHANGED FRONT WHEEL BEARING FOR £120 .I TOLD THEM TO CHANGE REAR BEARING, BETWEEN US BOTH WE HAve got it wrong .GOING IN THURSDAY TO HAVE REAR BEARING DONE HOPE HE GETS RIGHT SIDE