The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fuel Pressure VSV

Alex

Guest Usmann A

Hi Alex,

From looking at it, it just senses the vacuum from the intake, and send it to the FPR??

An Idea here, maybe according to Vacuum adjusts FPR greater than 1:1 ratio like normal, kind of making it a rising reg hybrid regualtor,? thats all I can think of ATM.sorry

Anyone else care to chime in? Its only on Vvti's? Seems, weird that the ecu would control/log Fuel rail pressure? but then again, from what I hear the Vvti is a bit tricky.

Ask Tel, he knows the Vvti ecus quite well. :eyebrows:

HTH

The response I have from SF to the same question...

"The more pressure the regulator sees the higher the fuel pressure. At idle, the engine is under vacuum so the fuel pressure is at it's lowest point. At start up, the vsv disconnects the vacuum source so the fuel pressure regulator gets air from the atmosphere, not a reference from the manifold. This allows for higher fuel pressure. The purpose is for the engine to get more fuel at start up, so it starts easier."

So if it was fouled or boken it wouldn't allow the FPR to make enough pressure to pump in fuel.

Sounds like a choke. I would have thought that this would play more of a role on cold starts rather than warm starts.

I'm going to come round and beat you over the head with furniture until you try a heat soak with the bonnet up, or priming the fuel system manually. :stickpoke

Guest Usmann A

test it Alex.

at 20 degrees C there should be 33-30 Ohms continuity between each termainl on the VSV.

Ovbioulsy you know to check ground.

blow through the small port near the filter,and air should come out of the nipple with no voltage applied.

Now apply 12V to the connections and blow through the same small nipple near the filter(cylindrical :D object) and the air should be coming out of that filter itself,and not the other nipple?

I hope that helps, althogh you may already know how to test, this may benefit anyone else.

Later