SOLD. Mkiv Supra n.a manual

jonny mac

PRICE REDUCTION NOW £6999

*** PM OR CONTACT 07939550861 ***

Make:Toyota

Model: Supra mkiv J spec mkiv import

Year:1994

Facelift:no

Mileage:140000 km's (some of that hasn't actually been done on the road, the mph speedo adapter was wired in wrong causing the clocks to count miles when the lights were turned on, all fixed now)

MOT remaining: november 2017 expiry

Service history:some paperwork from previous owner and myself

Car's location:aberdeen scotland

Modifications:a few, listed below

So here goes, sorry this is a long ad! reluctantly selling my mkiv supra, I’ve loved every single minute of ownership from the first day right up until now! I’m forcing myself to do this as it’s the right thing with the potential chance to sell our house and buy our dream place, this has to go on the market!

The car has gone through a huge amount of work in the last year. The parts department at the Toyota dealership know me by first name now because of the amount I’ve ordered from them, most of the work has been done in 2017 as I’ve refreshed alot of the car in the last 6 months

Exterior

there was a full exterior respray done in factory toyota red in January 2017 by a local bodyshop to freshen up the exterior, it looks fantastic in the sun and has had a generous coating of polish and wax after a full weekend detailing session. Wheel choice took me a while but I settled on some xxr 18 inch gunmetal grey rims, 18x8.5 and 18x10, they suit the car and the fitment is spot on, I bought new steel wheel nuts for them, the tyres are falken 452 up front and some 255/35/18 (forgot name) on the rear with a neat stretch to clear the wheel arches under compression. I’ve carried out the facelift style exterior light changes, the headlights were opened up by the bodyshop and dechromed/sprayed inside then resealed, the clear indicator/sidelights were bought new and also facelift bulb holder looms purchased from toyota, the rear hockey sticks for the back arches were also bought brand new from toyota to replace the spats, it has the factory side skirts and active aero spoiler on the front bumper, that still works with the motor switch on the dash however I’ve pulled the fuse out to keep it down as it looks best that way, it has thrown a warning light on the dash but that’s easily removed, a full set of brand new badges from toyota were bought also

Interior

Pretty straight forward really, all stock inside which is rare these days, I had put in a pioneer head unit/hands free and some alpine speakers (behind stock grills so you don’t see them) can’t tell they are in there, it has a fancy alarm system with two key fobs for the alarm and Imobiliser, the oem supra pure sport floor mats are there also but protected with other mats on top, it has the factory leather rear bench and cloth front seats as standard, with doing the manual conversion I’ve replaced the shifter plastic to a brand new toyota manual gear surround, there is also a brand new clutch pedal inside too

Engine/Drivetrain

Stock 2jzge auto non turbo all it’s life until 2017, The engine runs great, it could do with rocker cover gaskets if you’re picky, I’ve replaced the timing belt in july 2017 and the fan belt just before that, when I first got the car I done a full engine service with iridium spark plugs and filters, coolant and other fluids were also changed, I have carried out a manual conversion using the W58 5 speed toyota gearbox, it whines a little but I’ve heard all w58’s do, when the autobox was removed I’d put in a new toyota rear cranks seal, new spigot bearing, new exedy standard replica clutch, the car has a remote shifter which lines up perfectly with the factory location, however I’d cut away a part of the tunnel to let the box fit correctly, I’ve not changed the top part of the tunnel instead it’s sealed with waterproof sealing tape, it’s all covered up anyway so you don’t see it, the clutch cylinder and pedal assembly were bought brand new from toyota and were all assembled with grease, a new clutch pipe and rubber hose was made, the only ‘performance’ modification has been a 3” custom made stainless steel exhaust cat back system, I still have the cat on for mot regulations. This was done because I hated the way the factory backbox sat compared to how it looks now.

Brakes:

The brakes were all replaced, I bought new rear discs and pads from toyota around the end of 2016, the front brake pads were replaced at the same time, recently in the last few weeks I had been getting a squeel from the pads so I had brand new rear pads from toyota replaced under warranty and I’ve now got a set of delphi front brake pads also, so it’s had a new set of pads all round in august

Remote central locking works, v5 paper here, two keys and alarm fobs, please remember it’s an old car so it may have the odd imprefection, since it’s daily driven I run the car on shell fuel, also for washing it’s given a PH neutral snow foam soaking first eachtime before washing with lamb wool mit and shampoo as I’m trying my hardest to prevent swirls from appearing on the immaculate paint

Bad bits:

-warning light on dash, assume this is due to manual swap or because i've pulled the fuse out to keep the active aero lip down all the time, either way it’s no big deal,

-usual fuel tank cover is corroded but has been undersealed black

-rear wheels have a little curb rash from parking

-rear fog light removed as it was a bolt on job that sat under the bumper, it was removed at the bodyshop, the switch is there on the dash for it but I’ve not bothered getting another universal one and screwing it back on because they look terrible, was going to wait until the mot was due and then do it

-air con needs regassed but I don't use aircon anyway

As said above you don’t want to imagine how much has been spent on silly things, the badges or the rear arch trims or the simple things like indicator bulb holders all cost a fortune, toyota are by no means cheap for parts and this car has had no expense spared!

i've spent so much time and money on this car that i'll never get back, the asking price is a fraction of that! I feel especially since there is a shortage of unmolested supra’s on the market that £8000 o.n.o asking price is reasonable, please feel free to drop me a message or call me for a chat about the car if you’re interested, I’m 10 minutes from the aberdeen airport and 10 from the train station

went out for a photoshoot last night, it was right at the time of the sun setting so made it a little tricky to get the exposure settings correct

image127 by Jonny McIntosh, on Flickr

image128 by Jonny McIntosh, on Flickr

image129 by Jonny McIntosh, on Flickr

image130 by Jonny McIntosh, on Flickr

image131 by Jonny McIntosh, on Flickr

image132 by Jonny McIntosh, on Flickr

image134 by Jonny McIntosh, on Flickr

image135 by Jonny McIntosh, on Flickr

image137 by Jonny McIntosh, on Flickr

image136 by Jonny McIntosh, on Flickr

will get the interior pics uploaded later

my favourite one of the evening

image133 by Jonny McIntosh, on Flickr

• 3 weeks later...

a few odd pictures of various parts going onto the car

imagesale3 by Jonny McIntosh, on Flickr

image7 by Jonny McIntosh, on Flickr

image11 by Jonny McIntosh, on Flickr

image13 by Jonny McIntosh, on Flickr

image14 by Jonny McIntosh, on Flickr

image20 by Jonny McIntosh, on Flickr

image21 by Jonny McIntosh, on Flickr

image25 by Jonny McIntosh, on Flickr

image29 by Jonny McIntosh, on Flickr

image32 by Jonny McIntosh, on Flickr

image34 by Jonny McIntosh, on Flickr

image33 by Jonny McIntosh, on Flickr

image43 by Jonny McIntosh, on Flickr

image46 by Jonny McIntosh, on Flickr

image47 by Jonny McIntosh, on Flickr

image53 by Jonny McIntosh, on Flickr

image61 by Jonny McIntosh, on Flickr

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.