The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Speed Converter Help Urgently Needed

Big Mark

Last weekend I decided to sort my wiring out and fit my new stereo and maybe see why my speed converter and aeriel relay are temperamental, but ended up spending the day just removing surplus wiring.

This weekend I started to put it all back together and decided to replace the old bullet connectors with proper soldered joints but the previous installation of the speed converter makes no sense to me. I was using http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?112141-How-To-Install-a-Speedo-Convertor-and-Delimiter&highlight=thor+speed+delimiter as a rough guide so am now very confused.

Pictutres attched but the units wiring currently is:

• Red Wire = Goes to speedometer C13 connection 4 which is correct according to guide.
  • Black Wire = Goes to speedometer C13 connection 3. Is this an earth connection, i was going to run this wire straight to a chassis earth instead.
  • Yellow Wire = Goes to Pink Wire on Loom.
  • White Wire = Goes to Blue with Red Stripe on Loom (White wire in guide goes to Blue with Red Stripe on Odometer and Speedometer)
  • Blue Wire = Not Connected to anything
  • Brown Wire = Goes to Blue with Red Stripe on Odometer and Speedometer (I initially thought this was the same as the Green wire in the guide and therefor this and the white are the wrong way around?)

Also the pink wire from the ECU to the loom is still in place.

Does anyone have the same make of speed converter and can tell me if it's wired rightly or wrongly?

DSCN0241.jpg

DSCN0242.JPG

DSCN0243.JPG

DSCN0244.JPG

DSCN0245.jpg