The mkiv Supra Owners Club

boost solenoid piping question (pic inside)

_Shane_

With my car not currently mapped i think the boost controller is not connected properly, well the hoses from the solenoid

Would i be right in what im saying?

Here is a pic i took tonight. The hose that you can see that is not connected i think goes to the external wastegate (you can see its connected to solenoid)

...... and the other hose that is connected to the other feed on the solenoid is going from the solenoid to a feed on the front housing of the turbo

Im running a single turbo supra

here is another pic but this time i put in a red line for one of the hoses coming from the apexi boost solenoid and a green line for the other hose

Red hose coming from solenoid and going into feed on turbo face housing

Green hose coming from solenoid not connected to anything on other end

there is a couple of ways to plumb them but the siplest way is to keep the solinoid as a bleed type and just put one side to the top and one side to bottom of the waste gate ,or you could use the serch button that how i found a loverly little set up diagram and video of how they work

but my question is, from looking at my boost solenoid setup, is it actually working? My car has a single turbo and is not mapped etc, so im assuming that the chaps at the garage did not connect up the solenoid hoses otherwise i would be boosting at whatever the boost controller was set to before i fitted the single turob

That boost controller is the Apexi AVCR. this was used with the twins etc

When i got the car back from the turbo kit / fuel setup been fitted i was told not to drive car on like normal due to it not been mapped. My boost controller shows boost reading when im driving the car, the car drives normal but you shouldnt go past 4k as its like hitting fuel cut (car not mapped etc)

My question here is ... Is the boost controller of any benefit / working when there is only 1 of the feeds from the solenoid connected and that feed is the one coming from the solenoid to the turbo housing.

The feed that should be going to the wastegate is not connected as you can see from the pic. With this not connected does that mean the car will just be boosting from wastegate spring (whatever spring is fitted etc)