The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Steering wheel replacement

Josh

This has been covered many times before, but I can't find the answer I need.

I've got the wheel and everything off, but I'm left the with connector for the cruise control, airbag and the horn wire.

The boss I have won't fit on with this there, and I don't see without it, how I can get the horn wire through the boss.

Here's a picture of what I'm left with when I'm ready to put the boss on, and the boss itself;

attachment.php?attachmentid=151420&d=1336594681

attachment.php?attachmentid=151421&d=1336594681

Any help is appreciated, and it's not me being dumb as I had my Dad trying to help but we couldn't work it out as none of the guides show this plastic ring and connector as being a problem.

003.jpg

004.jpg

what boss it mate? i think mine had a cut out through the plastic for the connector to the horn and the little relay box for the airbag delete (whifbitz boss) dont have cruise control on mine though bud

The thing in my hand in the second pic :)

The thing in my hand in the second pic :)

aha obviously! but it should of have with a little box that plugs into the airbag connector, and there should be a space somewhere that allows you to thread the horn connectors through the the horn :)

oh and you only need to remove the steering wheel. not the cowling surrounding the stalks :p lol

Edited by tkddav3 (see edit history)

aha obviously! but it should of have with a little box that plugs into the airbag connector, and there should be a space somewhere that allows you to thread the horn connectors through the the horn :)

oh and you only need to remove the steering wheel. not the cowling surrounding the stalks :p lol

Lol, I was trying to see how the wires were routed and if there was any way to remove the connector and just have the horn wire coming through :p

That looks to be a non airbag boss Josh' date=' airbag ones are conical at the end to go through the airbag slip ring. Their a piece of the proverbial normally[/quote']

Dang! Thought this may be the case.

Ah well, I'll look at getting an airbag one :)

Or just not have them connected...

But the connector would still be in the way, and the plastic ring with the yellow sticker on it doesn't appear to be removable. I also don't know how the horn wire would be routed through the middle of the boss in that case, unless I take the whole thing apart.

But the connector would still be in the way, and the plastic ring with the yellow sticker on it doesn't appear to be removable. I also don't know how the horn wire would be routed through the middle of the boss in that case, unless I take the whole thing apart.

for what its worth mate just flog that one and get an airbag boss. i got my airbag one from whifbitz. nice piece of kit :)