The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Diff (oil Cooler)

Andrew Dunk Shaw

Originally posted by Andrew Dunk Shaw

Has anyone had to replace the diff oil cooler on a uk mk4 tt, is it a toyota only part or is there a better aftermarket one available that fits straight in with no modding ?

Regards

Andrew(dunk)Shaw

uk mk4 tt auto

+ hks goodies

No, but I have a funny feeling that I may have to soon :( unless it is the hoses that have perished.

What's up with your one?

I had a leak last year (diff cooler!) and it was the hose and also replaced crappy clip with jubilee clip, fine now :)

Some sign of corrosion where the hose joins the cooler but longer hose and jubilee cured this.

Paul

I found a drip of oil on my drive about 1 inch in diameter. So thought i'd best have a look, just got it on the ramp at work and it appears to be the cooler thats leaking not the hoses or connections. ( there all dry )

Just got a price of Toyota £129.89 + vat

Think i might just get the stock Toyota one and be done with it.

Whats the correct oil to put in the diff ? and is there a special way of refilling it ? seeing as its got the cooler to fill as well ?

Regards

Andrew(dunk)Shaw

uk mk4 tt

+ hks goodies

Well well well - looks like we've found a weakness on the MKIV - the diff oil cooler.

Mine is doing exactly what yours is, and has been for some weeks now.

It's very simple to get off and replace, but due to being skint I'm actually going to try a 200SX one I can get free, just to make sure it is the cooler.