The mkiv Supra Owners Club

8 second Drag Supra Rolling Chassis Road Legal

StuartW

NOW SOLD TO ONE LUCKY MEMBER!!

TBA 2012 :eyebrows:

Up for sale is my UK Spec 1993 Hauser Racing Half back Road registered Drag Supra!

She is offered as a rolling Chassis with;

Lexan Glass in doors and rear

Electric driver and passenger windows

Front Platform adjustables

Ford 9" Strange engineering Street Spool and Gears inc shafts and bearings.

HRC 8.5 Spec 18 point roll cage, 4 link and rear clip

detachable Parachute

14x15 Weld racing rear wheels with 31x14.5x15 slicks

Heavy duty prop shaft designed to link to a power glide (but could be modified easily to fit even a Stock Getrag box)

Prop Hoop,

Hurst Quick shifter inc cable and line lock button.

Strange engineering Master cylinder all fabricated to stock brake pedal.

The boot and doors are one off custom very lightweight GRP (Lighter than seibon carbon)

Spoilerless since re paint

"Liquidart" front and rear Toyota logo's with devil horns, "Supra" logo all in gloss black.

Smoothed and deleted boot brake light, fuel filler cap and aeriel. Rear arches Rolled to perfection on the inside..I wish my new supra was as nice :( I have considered cutting the body away and re using it but i would love to see this EPIC and iconic Uk Supra carry on to live another day and hope that someone else will get as much "WOW" factor purely from the looks alone as i have :D

The sideskirts are fully moulded Carbon TRD style and painted to match.

The bonnet is TRD carbon but has been painted in stunning House of kolor SBE Dodge Viper Blue. The paint was carried out by Carl Bibby, formerly of Bibby Bodysports (Chargespeed supra to name a few) The worst part of the bodywork is a scratch on the OS rear wheel arch (Approx 4" long) otherwise fully painted inside and out.

so the car is currently stripped as the custom main parts are required for the new project to be announced soon.

The front wheels are now stock

there is soo much more to this car than can be put into words or pictures but here's a few relavant links from the past 2 years.

http://www.hauserracing.com/news/Toyota-Supra.aspx

http://www.japdragseries.co.uk/hks_detail.php?photo=rs11/rs11dj-1857

http://www.banzaimagazine.com/magazines/index.cfm/2011/9/15/Issue-120---October-2011

http://www.streeteliminator.com/

Asking price £8,500 inc lightweight panels,axle,prop,rear wheels. Would sell cheaper if the lightweight panels and lexan where not required as i can re use them on the new project, but would have to make a descision before the end of october on that one.

I have all the original build job sheets from HRC and a stack of fabrication bills for well over £25,000. The spray job would cost circa £5,000. The paint is £500 a litre and you can tell :)

We achieved 9.52 Seconds (0-60mph in sub 2 secs) with a T74mm turbo 1.8 bar of boost, no NOS and a totally stock engine!

So if anybody wants to have a serious Drag machine, Would be lovely with a Lexus V8, small block chevy or a 2JZ.... or wants a road car with the FATTEST rear tyres EVER then drop me a line, She is ready to find a new home...

Many Thanks for reading

Stuart

[email protected]

attachment.php?attachmentid=139889&d=1232210470

attachment.php?attachmentid=139890&d=1232210470

as i am re reading this i am adding to the list of parts its just all too much to include in one post!! feel free to ask any Q's and i can add pics but if you google the car it comes up everywhere, Blue drag supra, Stuart Williams Supra, seaworthymarine on you tube etc etc....:-)

attachment.php?attachmentid=140116&d=1232210470

attachment.php?attachmentid=140117&d=1232210470

attachment.php?attachmentid=140120&d=1232210470

attachment.php?attachmentid=140118&d=1232210470

Scratch, the smaller horizontal one, the other is a Flourescent strip light reflection!!

attachment.php?attachmentid=140119&d=1232210470

attachment.php?attachmentid=140213&d=1232210470

attachment.php?attachmentid=140214&d=1232210470

attachment.php?attachmentid=140215&d=1232210470

attachment.php?attachmentid=140217&d=1232210470

attachment.php?attachmentid=140218&d=1232210470

attachment.php?attachmentid=140219&d=1232210470

attachment.php?attachmentid=140220&d=1232210470

attachment.php?attachmentid=140221&d=1232210470

attachment.php?attachmentid=140222&d=1232210470

I take Payment plans too :innocent:

Hey Barn, Its a bit better than when you nearly bought her 3 years ago but is now actually cheaper than advertised back then...FYI it was advertised basically as it would come from a paint shop excluding wing mirrors, door handles, trim , glass etc for £13,000!

Just to add our first day at the pod EVER with this car was in May 2009 (king of the Street) we achieved 10.02, 10.06, 9.90 and then an EPIC 9.89 on her 4th ever run!! with only 1.5 bar of boost and MT sportsman pro (Block treads) rear tyres, stock front wheels and J Spec brakes, a full exhaust system exiting at the rear... so this really does show you just how much difference the rear chassis work makes to the ET's on this car. The only internal mod on the engine was Cams, but they where mild 264/264's.

I had a pretty similar spec set up in my White 6 speed, the best i could do with NOS as well and a years worth of trying was a relatively poultry 11.20 seconds! this was wearing MT ET Street tyres that are banned in competition for street use as they are basically a slick!

It would be interesting to put a Getrag in there and see what she can do..would be lots of fun too! not to mention an easy conversion, Prop and gearbox mount is all you would have to tweak!

If i where to do it again and wanted to achieve consistent 9's (Enough to win several street series's) i would opt for a 3,4 or 5 speed semi auto gearbox like a lenco or TH400 as without Nos the Powerband would be so much more usable with more gears (";)

Ok so i have just added 5 more pics to the original thread, These pics are as she is right now 6/10/11

Several chaps have shown an interest, I have now decided to throw into the deal the door cards as shown, I have a front wiper motor and a Front mount intercooler good for around 800hp!

I have completely stripped out the wiring looms but left the rear light looms, i probably have a stock complete loom to throw in but i was amazed to weigh the old lump of wiring...48kg's!!

I also have some facelift clear indicators to throw in to the sale, I used the headlight's sidelights as indicator's. Simply fit orange bulbs and wire them up to the indicator wiring ;-)

I can give advice to any prospective purchaser on how to obtain and go about fitting her out, I probably will have most of the bits to complete this back to whatever spec the new owner requires. Say you wanted a 9 second 700hp road car to race in the PSDS (Pro street drag series) at shakey..this would kill the competition! Front brakes for example would suit J spec's as i tried them out with the currently fitted Strange engineering master cylinder and they worked great, you can pick up J spec front brakes complete for peanuts (circa £40-£80) so if anyone looking at this is thinking about it...stop thinking about it and ask me some Questions as its probably not as far away from being put back together as you may think :-)

I also have a complete set of J spec wheels, the fronts would go on this car and look great, if you look at my you tube pages you will see vids of this car with those exact same wheels i am now offering.

It's actually killing me seeing this sat here now, going to load it into the container this weekend out of harms way and out of my sight, The paint really is stunning and a real one off head turner!!

When it's gone its gone.....

Forgot to mention the Half shafts are Strange engineering Pro Street 33 spline (Rated for 1000 ft/lb of torque) New August this year and cost £600, Also we had new 5/8" Wheel studs as the 1/2" ones twisted!!

and i will re-pack the Parachute ready for immediate deployment :uk:

Forgot to mention the Half shafts are Strange engineering Pro Street 33 spline (Rated for 1000 ft/lb of torque) New August this year and cost £600, Also we had new 5/8" Wheel studs as the 1/2" ones twisted!!

and i will re-pack the Parachute ready for immediate deployment :uk:

Driver packs his own chute Stu !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also to add virtually none of the parts i thought where gonna fit on the new build simply dont fit!!

So if anyone is interested i can now offer her with the 2 seats inc mounting brackets etc, one is a sparco Pro 2000 and the other a Cobra Hans Buckets seat, both Lightweight GRP.

This really is an interesting package now. there are so many ways this car could be finished and now that it includes most of what is required its a real bargain IMO...

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.