The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Chrysler v6's

bigbloodyturbo

I have a bare 3.5 V6 dry sumped engine in the workshop, brand new. They are a good low tech engine that are used in various motorsport categories from single seaters to sports prototypes. Here's one in a friend's Jade, with twin turbos (no intercoolers, just low pressure charging). About 500 BHP. AER did a lot of development on these engines and do throttle bodies, pistons, cams, air boxes, blah blah.

I have a bare 3.5 V6 dry sumped engine in the workshop, brand new. They are a good low tech engine that are used in various motorsport categories from single seaters to sports prototypes. Here's one in a friend's Jade, with twin turbos (no intercoolers, just low pressure charging). About 500 BHP. AER did a lot of development on these engines and do throttle bodies, pistons, cams, air boxes, blah blah.

Exactly what I was looking for. He currently has a TR7/8 with a 3.5 rover with twin SU's. It makes a very satisfying noise but it doesn't really have the most power in the world. He had been looking at 1uz's as a few TR8 owners across the pond had done this but when I mentioned these V6's he asked for a bit more info. I'll pass this on to him and see how he gets on. Approximately how much would it cost and how much effort would it take to get 320-350hp out of a 3.5? is it cost effective in the greater scheme off things?