The mkiv Supra Owners Club

head light tinting

mellonman

• 3 weeks later...

i will get a full front pic later these are fully legal as it is a honey comb and is mostly holes so most light travels through i did test the lights when i done the first one and there isnt must differance i have also put in 100w lights to compensate for the small light loss not tested at night yet will have a look tonight if its not raining

i will get a full front pic later these are fully legal as it is a honey comb and is mostly holes so most light travels through i did test the lights when i done the first one and there isnt must differance i have also put in 100w lights to compensate for the small light loss not tested at night yet will have a look tonight if its not raining

Full frontal? NWS? :search:

:innocent:

I didn't actually look at the previous link, I assumed it was a spray. Clever stuff that then :)

Looking forward to the frontal, I thought about doing mine (tinting) but thought it would be illegal. At least this stuff I can easily take off if it's not for me.

Wow, just watched one of their videos and it does look like awesome stuff, the bit where he screws it up then unfolds it and it's perfectly flat.... wierd

Think I might get some of this, quite cheap really. What size do you need to completely do the front and rear lights?

I got this stuff delivered yesterday. Went out today to fit it and I really don't like it. It looks OK in a picture but in the flesh it just doesn't look right. Makes my lights look like they are faded and dull more than tinted. Quickly removed it and I'll be sending it back for a refund.

• 4 months later...

I'm thinking about getting some of this in yellow to get a bit of a GT3 look to the car.

Something like this \/ \/ \/ \/ :innocent:

Once I do the headlights I'm positive my car will be mistaken for a genuine GT3 contender.:D

Hopefully it'll also save me from having to refurbish the headlights, a job which I can't see myself enjoying.

The lads at Fly Eyes did a bit of jiggery pokery with a picture of my car and sent me this via email this morning.

https://mail.google.com/mail/?attid=0.1&disp=emb&view=att&th=13365b35d344c12a

I went for the yellow variant 2, although it looks a bit bright in the picture I know my lights are darker than they appear in the shot I sent them so variant 2 will end up closer to variant 1 in my mind.

And as it's only 12 quid for the entire kit delivered I can at least afford to be wrong this time.:)

I've just received an email from this company thanking me for my £12 order and stating that they also put the same size sheet (30cm x 150cm) of yellow variant 1 into the parcel before it was dispatched, free of charge, so I can be 100% happy with the final decision which can now be made by me in the flesh so to speak.

Naturally I assume whatever film I don't use is to be returned to them but I think I'll just send them the £9 for it instead and use it on my truck's fog lights which are prone to damage.

I delighted, if a little embarrassed, with the level of support and attention I've received from this company so far for the paltry sum of £12.