The mkiv Supra Owners Club

air conditioner / ac system

patrik

Hello,

It seems that my ac is empty. If i check the little peephole in front in the engine bay i can see no liquid or anything for that matter inside the tube.

the Ac is not blowing any coldair obviusly.

Is there any way of telling where the fault is? (leak, faulty accompressor et cetera).

Need some help:)

To be honest the only way of finding a leak if you have lost all your gas is get the system pressure tested with nitrogen. Any air con engineer will be able to do it. Compressor seals are a favourite if you do not use the aircon regularly.

• 1 year later...

Did a search as driving around today in 27oC was pretty uncomfortable, so I went to halfords and got a can of ez chill.

It was about £50 with the hose you need to conect the bottle but you get £10 cash back for returning the bottle (with receipt)

The instructions are pretty easy, you re-fill the air con while the engine is running with the AC on full blast. Wait 3 min then attach the coupling on the hose to the low pressure coupling at the rear right (near passanger) of the engine bay.

Press for 3 secs release, shake and repeat until the gauge is where you want it to be according to the instructions.

I don't think it filled it fully, either that or I might have a leak, but it now blows cool air rather than warm air like before.

Hope it helps anyone battling this 5 day heat wave! :)