The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help fitting Avcr boost controller

jimmy_supra

After two years I have finally got around to fitting my Apexi boost controller. I have got the instructions and the wiring has gone ok. Just need some help with connecting the solenoid. Can anyone tell me which pipes to connect to and which ones to block off any pics would be great. Thanks.

After two years I have finally got around to fitting my Apexi boost controller. I have got the instructions and the wiring has gone ok. Just need some help with connecting the solenoid. Can anyone tell me which pipes to connect to and which ones to block off any pics would be great. Thanks.

There's a guide on mkiv.com under technical.

• 2 weeks later...
Not yet, I am waiting for a mate who tunes Audi Quattros to go through all the info. There must be members who could comment though.

Its the section in the article that describes why NOT to link the pipes that used to go to the EGBV that worries me (AVCR instructions say to do this).

The article says that this can restrict the #2 turbo from pre-spooling, which is what I think is going on in my car since...

1. Theres a big dip in power when it transitions from #1 to #2 turbo.

2. Sometimes it even struggles to make the transition

3. When the turbo comes on line, its not smooth but quite powerful, enough to spin the wheels up when damp.

If anyone has had the same issues or done the suggestions in the article then it would be interesting to hear about.

Its the section in the article that describes why NOT to link the pipes that used to go to the EGBV that worries me (AVCR instructions say to do this).

The article says that this can restrict the #2 turbo from pre-spooling, which is what I think is going on in my car since...

1. Theres a big dip in power when it transitions from #1 to #2 turbo.

2. Sometimes it even struggles to make the transition

3. When the turbo comes on line, its not smooth but quite powerful, enough to spin the wheels up when damp.

If anyone has had the same issues or done the suggestions in the article then it would be interesting to hear about.

i think you will find thats what happens at bpu when upping boost, a auto supra can wheel spin at 90mph in the wet with kick down, anyway my avcr acts like 0.8 boost first turbo then during transition maybe drops out a little to 0.7 then massive power surge to 1.3 as i have hybrids

Paul - The guide above doesnt mention disconnecting the EGBV when doing the install (unless I missed it). If mine has been removed then would you say that the Controller has been fitted incorrectly?

Just fit it the way it says in the guide or pop it in to us and we can do it for you no problem.

jimmy, just so you know you will alway have to have this unit switched on as when switched off they can cause boost problems being that it stops you making full boost dont know why had a problem with mine not making boost when unit was off so thought turbos was dead but turned out to be the unit i found this out by pluming it all back to factory and giving it a run and made correct boost levels.just a heads up.

enjoy your new toy :D

all you have to do now is set it up as you want have fun :p

All fitted and working fine the instructions for the unit did the job. I had some of them missing so printed them off the apexi website. Fairly straight forward in the end.

Glad it went well, I'm going to have a go at putting mine back to those instructions. One question - Did you disconnect the pipes going to the EGBV at all on top of the engine or was all that left as standard?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
I fitted the EGBV valve back onto my car and it feels SO much smoother with no problems transitioning from turbo #1 to #2. Happy days :)

If anyone else fits the AVCR controller I would recommend not removing the actuator.

with this back in place you get stock boost from first turbo, how have you upped the boost on the first turbo or left it at 0.7?

with this back in place you get stock boost from first turbo, how have you upped the boost on the first turbo or left it at 0.7?

The boost will simply be what it is, at a guess it will be standard at 0.7 but i'm no expert on how the boost controller works.

Its hard to tell but I think the power dropped a little after i put the valve back on but not by much to be honest and I certainly dont miss it, I only really need the power when its WOT.