The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car not starting when warm

suprab

Hi all,

looking for some advice or things to check/test please. my Jspec has AEM, BW 91-79, 264 cams and 650cc injectors. it starts fine when cold, once it warms up it cuts out and will not restart untill its left to cool down again. i am getting a spark, i have fuel pressure and have rpm on cranking when looking at the AEM with the laptop. Ryan was also helping over the phone but still no joy yet :(

Anyone have any ideas??

Just so people know this has only just started happening recently so not a mapping issue.

Things checked

- Fuel pressure

- Crank Signal to ECU

- TPS sensor

- Water Temp sensor

Plugs are dry and have tried putting more fuel in on crank through aem but makes no difference so currently thinking its another issue with an aem as im told the spark is not consistant either.

Ryan

Bit of an update on the testing. ok the car starts fine from cold, ticks over and revs no problem until the engine warms up. it then cuts out and will not restart until it has cooled down for about 15 mins.

once it is not starting i seam to have no spark on cranking for about 4/5 seconds then it will spark for 2 secs then none again for 4/5 and so on.

both cam sensors have a reading of 1.4k ohms and the crank sensor about 1.2k ohms according to my findings these should be ohms and not k ohms so maybe someone can confirm?